• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Carb adjustment???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Payne

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Insane Payne
I installed a new chinese carb on my 1072 cub cadet 108,,Thottle lever set at 1/2 way,move lever 1/4 inch up,tractor starts no choke and runs fast(not full speed) return lever to 1/2 way and engine idles,go down past 1/2 way(1/4inch) engine stalls,,,,should i leave it alone or do i adjust the carb so i use the full range of the throttle lever and the choke to start,,,,,i think now i'm running rich

Two things. You will want to make sure the governor is adjusted properly, along with the throttle cable. When doing the mixture adjustment, make sure the engine is at operating temp, and adjust the high speed mixture screw first, then the idle mixture.

I installed a new chinese carb on my 1072 cub cadet 108,,Thottle lever set at 1/2 way,move lever 1/4 inch up,tractor starts no choke and runs fast(not full speed) return lever to 1/2 way and engine idles,go down past 1/2 way(1/4inch) engine stalls,,,,should i leave it alone or do i adjust the carb so i use the full range of the throttle lever and the choke to start,,,,,i think now i'm running rich
I personally would certainly get the throttle lever adjusted right, rather than put up with engine stalling at idle and otherwise running rich. There is an idle speed adjustment screw and an idle mixture screw to adjust along with the high-speed mixture screw. It is impossible for any manufacturer (chinese or American made) to send out a new carb fully adjusted to suit everyone's needs so you either have to learn how to adjust it or have someone with experience do it for you (no shame in that). I agree that you should check the governor adjustment too. Fairly simple procedure that is explained in the shop manual.

As for the govenor,all i did when i did the rebuild was to disconnect the linkage at the carb & throttle cable,did not disassemble any governor linkage...

You didn't necessarily alter the governor arm on side of the engine, but you did put an entirely new carb on the engine, and there is a threaded adjustment for the throttle link. Since it is quite easy, I would follow the Kohler procedure and verify the governor adjustment.

Latest posts

Back