• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Pipe Bending

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I was going to try and get the clutch in today. I took one of my "good" pain pills so I could work. I pulled the boat out of the garage and picked the cherry picker boom up off the floor and put it back on it's frame. I got the 5 foot long x 1" x 7" cutting edge off the floor and stood up outside. I got the push broom and swept the floor and as I was hanging it back up the pain pill wore off and the pain was so intense my back was giving out. As I tried getting to my chair I hooked my belt loop on my vice and almost went face down but it was right next to the chair so I just kinda fell into it.

So I'm back to watching tv.

All I can say is .... DIE YOUNG !
I can't even sit up in my chair
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
and
censored.gif
censored.gif
doctors !!! They ALL can kiss my rusty brown ass !
Screw it I'm going to go lay down.

Not sure how I missed the latest here...... It's now June 6th... Didja get the clutch changes ??/ My Ranger is starting to get balky about shifting into 1st or second in the morning, I suspect the throwout...

I just pulled the boat with it , first time out with new parts. It's raking gears
bash.gif

Need to check the slave and see if fluid might be low then adjust pedal free travel and see if that helps.

Sounds like yours is needing the syncros replaced. My Silverado rakes bad! and I can't get into second above 1500 rpm until the trans gets warmed up. My syncros are shot , was bad when I bought it but no $$ to replace it. Drive it til it pops !

Nahh, this is from dead stop, probably like yours - I suspect clutch dragging....Maybe I oughta look at the clutch master cylinder to see how much fluid is in it ?????? (I think I checked that about 6-7 years ago.
clappy.gif

Shallow well pump for the yard leaking, changed ceramic seal, still leaking, bad seal (rubber bellows on seal dry rotted in their storage before I got it), new seal in still got leak, hairline crack in housing, runs from one of the bolt holes, so it spreads..Crack does compress when housing bolted on (3 other bolts). Thin wall cast iron, contemplating brazing......
bash.gif

Kraig - Yup , thankx ... gotta get a devoted HDD for cub stuff !

Ya know, the next thing I'll probably have to do is drive a new well......( I don't even have those pics anymore....)
clappy.gif

Kid<sub>e</sub> - What ever happened to the old tractor in the BG ?

Well this is as good a place as any ...

Friday I took the Silverado out to fill the tank and run to the store to get donuts for my breakfast on the lake Saturday morn. Well wouldn't you know that the right front caliper decided to stick ! I didn't know it until I was almost home and noticed it wasn't coasting anymore. The rotor was black/purple and the thick aluminum wheel was so hot when I just flicked it with my knuckle it burnt skin ! I was wanting to do a brake job on it anyway but NOT that extra $$$ kind of work. Oh and did I mention that the 'ol lady's Rodeo is begging for a new exhaust system ?

There goes my chance to "play" this year with my hopes of building up a K301.

KentucK:
That '55 CA still lives next door, it's been there longer than either I or the current next door neighbor has (Mike bought it from the estate of the previous owner when he and his wife bought the place). We are currently talking about a rebuild kit for it, it developed a bad main bearing seal leak (front). We've split this one about four or five times in 30 years- mostly for clutch problems, but also for a bogus rebuild a local shop "performed" a few years ago (new rings on sloppy pistons, didn't touch the valves, etc.). When it's running right, it's handy to have that loader around..

My summer is starting with busted cars, looney raccoons, dead well pumps and plenty of mosquitoes. Neighbor gave me a "free" garage door opener, I've got $32.00 in that project without it being close to opening a door....(my builder was supposed to order doors with the prep kit for openers - he didn't....)
bash.gif

Latest posts

Back