• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Picked Up a 782 this morning!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbertalotto

displayname
Rberrtalotto
I got it....And a bunch of spare parts.....and an electric actuator for power tilt.....

IMG_20200422_114130016.jpg

I paid $500......Engine runs nice. No smoke at all. Backed right up the ramps into the trailer so I guess the transmission is OK. Needs a battery and a bunch of TLC.......And RED paint!

Very nice! I agree with Matt, don't paint it, just give it a good wash, and wax.

Thanks!....But I got bigger issues. It was running great. I stalled it. It won't start now.......I think it has a bad ignition switch. Starter turns when jumped at relay, I have fuel in the carb, but no voltage at the coil and no spark......UGH! More tomorrow....

From upside down here in oz. In a dither a few times. Won't start unless sitting on seat, trans neutral, pto switch off. All easy to miss in haste 😣

I got it running. It was a bad ignition switch. No power going to the coil. I jumped it out with a piece of wire and it started right up. Runs beautifully! Thanks for all the suggestions. They really help.

Freshened up the engine today.....Cleaned of about 5 pounds of grease and dudu..... Painted up a few components and replaced a whole bunch of rusted nuts and bolts

There was a question as to whether this was a Series I or Series II engine......Once the air cleaner was cleaned up, it puts this debate to rest....

IMG_20200424_173933373.jpg

IMG_20200424_173953904.jpg

IMG_20200424_174010558.jpg

Early series II did not have an oil filter or the provision for one....Later Series II models had a provision for one but it was not included and a block off plate was installed. Some Series II included the oil filter itself. My understanding is it all depended on what the tractor manufacturer wanted.

My motor is a KT-17s....Spec 24302......All KT-17 after Spec 24300 are Series II

Since mine is an early Series II, it has provision for oil pressure sender (because it IS a pressurized oil system) but does not have provision for an oil filter.

Hope this helps....

The original paint is a mess. No way can it be saved. It will get a "10 foot" spray paint job......

Latest posts

Back