• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Part for an original, verification requested.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
I have an original with a three point set up with the lift pin for Brinly implements and need to know if the lift pin I have is correct so I can replicate it for a fellow enthusiast's restoration project on an 'O'.

The 1" pin is 7" OAL and the 2.5" OD washer that the spring assist connects to is centered 2" from the 1/2" horizontal hole.

Thanks guys!

DSCN9252.JPG

I would say it is.
Sorry for the delay, this hasn't been a good week for me.
I have two. One does not have the spring assist and is like the one in your pic. (same size)
The second one has a spring assist. The length of this one is 7.5" and the washer is not welded to the pin. Here's a pic of both.
I think Kraig has some paperwork on these pieces.

DSCF0752.JPG

The spring washer should be loose and just slips onto the lift pin.

712.jpg

713.jpg

My guess is, if you do not have a spring assist, the "welded washer pin" is used.
If the spring assist option was added, the pin would be replaced with a smooth one.
Several modifications took place when some IH accessories/options were added upon purchase back then. The hydraulic lift was one, for example.
I noticed one other thing. My welded washer pin does not have a hole for the spring assist either. The washer is also smaller than the spring assist washer.

Thanks Kraig! Got any more info, pics? Love looking at stuff like that.

Last edited:
I would say it is.
Sorry for the delay, this hasn't been a good week for me.
I have two. One does not have the spring assist and is like the one in your pic. (same size)
The second one has a spring assist. The length of this one is 7.5" and the washer is not welded to the pin. Here's a pic of both.
I think Kraig has some paperwork on these pieces.

View attachment 148542
Marty,
Are the washers the same size in each case, 2-1/2"?
REason I ask, it looks like, from the pictures, the welded washer is a smaller O.D.?
Strange, mine has the 2-1/2" welded washer WITH the hole for the spring and I might ad the weld appears to be a professional, maybe a machine job, like it was done on a turntable.

No. The welded on washer is 1.777." The loose one with the hole is 2.5."
Your washer may have been welded on with a TIG welder. There are contractors that come to where I work, and they can weld like a machine can. Maybe even better.

When were the 1A and 2B tillers first introduced?
And was the vertical slotted lift pin part of the package?
I am assuming here the #1 preceded the #2.

The #1 came out during the 70/100 production. and was made till 1971.
The #2 came out during the 1x8,1x9 production 1974 to 1980
The #1A made 1971 to 1974.
The #2b made 1980 and up.
The part lookups show it was included in the package and was slotted.
Your mileage may vary.

`The #1 Tiller was the 1st one out, that was ~30 inches wide. It was during the narrow frame years. You could get extensions and make it 34 or 38 inches wide. Both the pulleys on the angle gear box are 1/2 in. So they would work with any Yellow and White IH Cub Cadet. The 1A is 38 inches wide, with no extensions The quickest way to tell is, the angled brace is shorter, and with the extensions on, doesn't reach the side of the tiller. The 1A that brace is longer and goes all the way to the side. The extensions, and then the 1A was to be able to cover the tracks of a wide frame with the 10.50 tires on them. The 2B Tiller was for the 82 Series. The angle gear box has the 5/8 pulley on the bottom. But the tiller is the same. What makes the 2B a 2B is that pulley.... I'm not sure I've seen one that actually called a 2B. I have one that was sold new with a 782 and the tiller is a 1A... Like the QA42B for and 82 series. It has the 5/8 pulley.... but no one one here has actually seen a QA42B.....

The only difference I can find in the CPE-2 is the
QA-36B has a 4 paddle auger on it.

Back