• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Newbie needs help with snowblower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjohnson

displayname
Brian Johnson
Hi everyone. New to the board. Glad to be here. I picked up a model 190-350 snowblower real cheap and now I'm starting to think about tractors. Which model tractors will this unit fit? The mounting rails are 11" apart. I would like one as powerful as possible. I'm assuming I need a PTO for transmitting power from the engine to the blower. Anything else that I need to think about? Thanks very much for the help. -Brian.
69016.jpg
69017.jpg

Here's a newer listing of models that it fits.

69022.jpg

Also you can click on the "Cub Cadet Parts Lookup" button at the top of the page and enter in 350 and you'll get two versions of parts lists for the snowthrower.

Brian - Put your location in your profile so we can get a better feel of our members needs when we're responding. A lot of answers could be location dependent.

Thanks guys!! Wow, exactly what I needed. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon. -Brian.

ok, very elementary questions now....
What do the Cadet nomenclatures mean? The first digits are the engine HP... what are the other numbers? What is the difference between a 1605, 1610 and 1615? Why won't my snowblower fit a 13 or 15 HP series tractor? The mounting rails are 11" apart, so I assume it will fit a narrow frame machine. Are there other tractors the snowblower will fit that are not on the list? Maybe with a little modification?? Thanks again. Hoping to get into a machine real soon.

Brian J. said,
"What is the difference between a 1605, 1610 and 1615?"

Oh I know!!!! 5 between each one!
OK, now what do I win!
biggrin.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
biggrin.gif

Brian, it will fit, that chart/description was from an older attachment guide and when that came out there were not any 13xx series tractors. Here's another from 1992 that I found. Note that it states it will fit tractors with 12hp or higher.

69236.jpg

Ok, so is it safe to assume that my snowblower will fit any Cadet with an 11" frame, 12 HP or higher? I am shopping for a tractor so I want to make sure I get the right animal. Sorry for my confusion, but that latest diagram does not list any 16xx series tractors like the one posted earlier. 1605, 1610, 1615.

Brian, some of those lists only list "current" models for the year that the attachment list is published. The snowthrower does not appear to have changed but the tractor models get updated and might just get a model number change.
dunno.gif
It's usually easier to get the tractor first and then find attachments for it as the list of "what attachment fits X model tractor" are easier to decipher.

<font face="times new roman,times,roman">Hi all- First time here. I saw a thread on snow throwers which is what I have intrest at this time. I think the one I have is a Haben 42", single stage. This came off my father inlaws Red, I believe 683 hydro. Not sure when built but is currently on a CC 1864.
When he could no longer use it, he wanted me to use it to do our driveways. He said the dealer told him to open the throttle wide open before engaging PTO. I have done this shearing everything from pins to hardened steel bolts.
I asked our local dealer if it was to start at wide open and he said yes. last year I tried low speed start and it worked fine, so that is what I have been doing. I recently shearerd my first pin in 2 years in a wet heavy snow, and when I was moving the auger tho line up the pin holes, i heard something and the chain came out of the auger housing between the sides of snow thrower. I can't seem to find any diagrams of this anywhere and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and maybe how to fix. Thanks All-Chris
</font>

Chris, first off, welcome!
wave.gif
To find exploded parts drawings of the Haban 42" snow blower, click HERE then enter h42 in the search for model name/number and click the search button.

Thank you Kraig. being able to see the parts diagram was so helpful. Going to buy a few master links today and fix tonite-snow coming tonite. I will keep you posted-Chris

Chris, the link I posted is also at the top of each page on this forum. It's the one that looks like this:

76381.jpg

Also, those are all link buttons that take you to various forum sponsors.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back