• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New member - Canton, Oh - My 2182

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Pillot

This is my 2182 I have been working on. Freshly sandblasted and powder coated deck. Looking for main wiring harness. Thanks for looking. Paul Pillot - Canton, Oh

Attachments

• 2182.jpg
    2182.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 7
  • 2182 haban.jpg
    2182 haban.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 0
CC Specialties does not have one. Porch Electric does not have one listed but I did leave them a message. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

2182 harness is much more complex than the older models. Still possible to make if you have the skills and tools, but will be quite a bit of work.

2182_wiring.png

2182_indicator_harness.png

I have a replacement Indicator Harness and a new Pedestal Harness. I have the ability and time to make my own harness. What I would need is all of the connectors required to connect the newly made Main Harness to the factory Pedestal Harness. Porch Electric can not supply anything.

Thank you all for your input.

I don't know the brand of the CC connectors, maybe someone here does. based on the age I would check aptiv (they own the former delphi), amphenol, Molex, or maybe TE connectivity. those are the big four I remember. they may have an equivalent. Cub ( think MTD at the time of the 2182) could have used proprietary connectors then you are not going to find a replacement. If you look very closely at the plastic body of your connectors there may be a part number, or a brand, molded into the plastic. if you do end up having to change all the connectors, I would move to a watertight connector- which is not what you have with CC. there are plenty of cheap brands - you can get "kits" on the online "A-word" store for cheap.

i know you want an original harness but I dont think the harness is that complicated. do you have or need the wiring diagrams?
I don't know the brand of the CC connectors, maybe someone here does. based on the age I would check aptiv (they own the former delphi), amphenol, Molex, or maybe TE connectivity. those are the big four I remember. they may have an equivalent. Cub ( think MTD at the time of the 2182) could have used proprietary connectors then you are not going to find a replacement. If you look very closely at the plastic body of your connectors there may be a part number, or a brand, molded into the plastic. if you do end up having to change all the connectors, I would move to a watertight connector- which is not what you have with CC. there are plenty of cheap brands - you can get "kits" on the online "A-word" store for cheap.
There is a page in the wire harness service manual that has all of the part numbers and drawings of each connector. I will post it in the pm tomorrow.

Everything but the indicator harness will be Packard 56 and maybe a couple molex. Not sure what the indicator harness ones are.

Lewis, can you post the whole 'wire harness service manual?' That would be interesting to see.

Matt, there are 300 pages so I have yet to scan it and prolly will never do it.
Here are the connectors, trying to find out where they go will be a challenge.
The service manuals for the garden and super garden tractors have all the wiring diagrams for those models. I believe I sent Craig those manuals a while ago.

Scan2024-03-20_125207_000.jpg

Scan2024-03-20_125207_001.jpg

Last edited:
That is quite useful nonetheless. I'll be saving that for future reference. Most of those are Packard 56, several look like Molex, and there are a few I cannot identify.

That is quite useful nonetheless. I'll be saving that for future reference. Most of those are Packard 56, several look like Molex, and there are a few I cannot identify.
729-1032, -0166, -0169 & -0170 look like the same connectors my 1965 Ford F100 uses on its steering column for signal, brake and horn.

I was able to download the wiring diagrams, covers certain serial numbers. See section G page 33 for the 2182.

Attachments

• gardentractorsec00.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
hopefully this does not get me banned - not sure of the rules for referencing other sites. I have found that P and P small engines site has a really nice pretty comprehensive listing of manuals for virtually all the cub cadet models.
https://pandpsmallengines.com/pages/cub-cadet-manuals
I have print copies for my GT's and SGT's but the zero turn service manuals are what I needed from P and P.
I dont recall every seeing the harness manual before. that is a nice manual to have

Latest posts

Back