• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My RANT!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WI added $1 pack at the first of the year....but all the gas stations jumped the price $1.25. We bought 16 cartons of smokes in Mexico at the Duty-free shop for $18/carton. They were a major US brand so that tells Me what the actual cost of them is.
I guess when all them southern farmers plow up their tobacco ground to start raising $14/bu. soybeans or $5/bu corn they'll get REALLY expensive.

Ken,
On the debit card approval. The store has to run a settlement on their machine and that turns in to their bank what to request payment from your bank. Our machine at work runs the settlment for the days activities every night automatically, but I think some machines you have tell it to settle.

I've had about 4 debit card transactions never go through. I'm guessing the machine never settled and the businesses lost the info on the transactions. It amounts to about $70 worth of purchases over about 5 years. Two times at the movie theatre one at Wal-Mart of all places, a restaurant and somewhere else I think.

The only thing instant on the debit card purchase is when they run the card, the machine is just asking if your account is in good standing from the reporting agencies. The idea originally was if you tried to pay with debit card and you didn't have the money in your account it would be declined, but you can still overdraft with a debit card for the reason I listed above.

Now, if you buy gas at the pump the credit card machine "reserves" or "pre-approves" usually a minimum of $50 some max at $100. Even if you just buy $5.00 of gas, until the machine settles it still has reserved the $50. If you are that close to being over drafted and you buy something else later that day, you can over draft depending on who's machine settles first or contacts your bank first.

My wifes work issues payment cards if you don't have direct deposit. People were using those to buy gas and with the reserve and being a different kind of card, like a gift card sort of, they would try to buy groceries and the store would say they didn't have enough left on the card to pay, it was really there, but the gas station had reserved way more than they bought. Nothing they can do about it other than going to an ATM and withdrawing all they can in whole dollars and paying everything in cash. The kicker, if they take the cash out they are charged a fee by the bank ATM... they pretty much lose either way for not having a bank account to do direct deposit. The losers can't get a bank account because of leins and such will take the money from their bank. One girl doesn't get a tax return because of defaulting on student loans. My wife works with a bunch of losers and the good workers usually end up paying for their shortcomings.

I guess that was my rant...

I was 500 miles from home in Alabama and used my debit card at A bank atm, and entered the wrong pin #.The A T M kept my card. We came back by that bank 5 days later when it was open and got the card. The bank acted like I was a convict. I spend money in that town every year. Noty any more.

Anyone wasting money on smokes shouldn't complain about prices of anything. You would have a lot more money if you'd just quit smoking.

Steve T. 'just quit smoking'...for those of us who know we need to, find that its a real bitch to quit. Many non-smokers dont realize how additive they are. My doctor says 'its all in your head'...ya right! B.S. But I'll keep trying.

Allen: I quit 7 weeks now and I have found it very easy due to these new pills that are out. They are called CHAMPIX and I would recommend them to anyone. You need a prescription but it's worth it. I was a pack a day (25) and I haven't had 1 since Feb.1st and no real cravings. Good luck. Keep in mind you'll feel better.
bubbly.gif

Jim,
A lady at work is taking that Champix stuff and is a pretty stressful person and hasn't had a cig for several weeks now.

Allen S.

Your doctors right, it is "all in your head"
After all that is where your brain is that is craving the nicotien it has gotten used to from years of a person smoking.

When ever my doctor tells me "its all in your head", I tell him he's right and reply with either, "no mind no matter" or "if you dont mind it dont matter".
The latter of the two is what I always say when he asks how it is I can stand the pain when I injure myself.

Henri, I smoke and drank in college. Not all that hard, but I did. I know it isn't easy and I thank God I did not become additcted.

That being said, if you really want to quit, you will. My father did when I was born. You have to want to do it.

I quit for three years once, it made me so angry I hated the world, broke up my marriage. The wife told me we got along better when I smoked,started back up ,got on an even keal, remarried my wife. Now if I could figure out how to take the edge off and not smoke I'd be in business.

Henri; You should give Champix a try. I don't find myself irritable and I've been on it for almost 8 weeks. The first couple days I was a bit cranky but it passed very quickly. I was a pack to pack 1/2 a day smoker for 20 years.

Jim, you were one of the lucky ones. My wife and brother-in-law both tried it. It was great for the first few days and then the side effects kicked in. They both felt like bugs were crawling under their skin. The doctor told both of them to stop using it. If you can take it without the side effects, great. It was helping my wife and she went from 2-2.5 packs a day down to about a pack a day. It is still up to you to want to quit. I have went from about a pack a day down to a pack every 3 days. I was doing good until the stress at work got to be too much and have went back up to a pack every 2 days. I hope to do better once it gets warmer and I can work outside and keep myself busy.

Wes, I WAS lucky I know some people who have had issues which is really too bad. Good Luck and keep at it.

I have been on the Champix now for 2 weeks and I have had a constant headace for the same time, my cravings for a smoke are slowly going away, I still find myself having 1 smoke a day just befor bed to help relax so I can sleep.

A word of advice ppl.
If you're going to try to quit you better have a doc give ya some nerve pills otherwise you'll have "bugs" and alot more.
That's why Henri got divorced.
I went through that mood change when the ol lady quit !

Well I think I am going to quit my quitting smoking as I felt a whole lot better when I was smoking a cigg every 2 hours.

Lonnie:
Pleeeeze give it a while - we want you around and smoking <u>is</u> bad for ya. I smoked from the time I was 15 until I was 30. When I quit, I'd been doing at least three packs a day for several years, trying to quit several times. I quit the last time the day we buried my cousin's husband - (he had the big C, he smoked Winstons, too and wasn't much older than me). It wasn't easy, but having my youngest daughter happy because I wasn't going to go like Cousin Jack was incentive to keep trying. (that was in '76)... You'll have cravings the rest of your life, but it's only a little, and you can mentally just dismiss it. HANG IN THERE, I'm rootin' for ya ! (and think of all the extra Cub Bucks you'll have)
thumbsup.gif

My RANT for this week ... (besides my BUSTED new compressor!) is ...

HARD headed WOMEN that wont go to the hospital when you tell'em to !!!!!

Back