My RANT!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny - Sell it to'em !

I've got to go see the buttheads about a $25 tax for 1 month they want on the TOY then turn around and pay it again for the year the next month ... I'll park it inside the courthouse before I pay that!

My turn ...

As some of ya know my back is going out on me. I can be standing then as I start to move I'll collapse as if you turned off a switch holding me up. No warning just boom! as I did Friday night in the hallway.

Well I got an MRI 8/10/07 that showed I have 2 crushed disc and also a dislocated shoulder muscle. Here's how it's been going ...

7/26 I put a brake line on my truck

7/27 7am I couldn't lift my right arm and my left thumb was so painful I couldn't dent the skin on the tip of my thumb because it felt like the joint at the palm was shattered it hurt so bad so I went to the local horsepital and sat in the ER for 50 minutes and was never seen so I walked out and gave them a few choice words at their little meeting place. My back was hurting to where I couldn't hardly walk but I headed for the door. As I was going through the door I was met by 2 Glock tote'n guards that spread out to the left and right of me. I kept walking and dared them to touch me. I was in the frame of mind that if they did somebody was going to be seriously hurt ... I think the first one would have been one of them.

7/27 8am I went to a new doctor's office (doc "A") and told his receptionist my story. She said my thumb looked inflamed (DUH) and made me an appointment for the next Monday.

7/30 I seen doc "A" , a neurosurgeon and we talked and he asked when I had my last MRI. I said never in the 21 1/2 years that I've had back trouble. He gave me a cortisone shot in the shoulder.

8/3 I go back 'cause the shot hasn't helped so he gives me another. 2 cortisone shots in 5 days. My shoulder locked up on me as I was making a turn driving home and I damn near wrecked.

9/10 I get my MRI. They had to lift me up off the table as I had been flat to long and my back wouldn't work. I was at the point of yelling out that I'd had enough and get up just as he opened the door and came in telling me it was over.

9/17 He sees me about the results. "I can't do anything to help you, go see your family doc" Well can you give me something else for the pain? "No" Well can you make me an appointment for the pain clinic? "No, go to your family doc". "Let me give you another shot" NO!

9/20 I go see my family doc (doc "B")
He doesn't want to get "involved" with the pain clinic. He gives me some prescription aspirin ... I ask him to make me an appointment at the UK Hospital Neurology department.

9/24 I go up the interstate 96 miles and see another surgeon (doc "C"). He looks over my MRI and says he can't help me. He throws in the fact that I have a lot of arthritis and my age blah blah. He rotates my right arm around and said it hadn't gone into my neck ... he should have been with me 40 minutes later when it did thanks to him and it is still there. Now my neck is grinding and crunching when I turn my head a lot more than it ever did. I ask him to send me to the pain clinic that's 8 miles from my house. I ask him if he could give me something for the pain ... he gave me muscle relaxer... didn't help, not even a triple dose !

I stopped in at HOOTERS and had some hot buffalo shrimp and a couple of long cold ones and some attention from the cutie waiting the table... it was looking like the day might get better. I told her she had cold hands and she slapped one down on my right shoulder ... yep the day was ending just like it had been going. Damn that hurt!

10/16 I got a call from the pain clinic ... "I'm sorry but we aren't taking any new patients for the rest of the year as we're booked until February. We are changing our payments to CASH ONLY, no insurance starting 1/1/08."

Horsepital = no help
doc "A" = no help
doc "B" = no help
doc "C" = no help
pain clinic = no help (I think the DEA needs to check into the pain clinic ... nothing but cash?)

I'm in constant pain and I'm getting worse and can't get any farkin help no where I go.

It took me 2.5 hours to mow my front yard Saturday , a 40 minute job. I had to go real slow because I couldn't take the jolts and bumps. All day Saturday I could feel that little feeling that if I moved I was going to be sorry.

Now then, doc "B" is under investigation by the cops for taking kick backs on his pill scripts so that's why he didn't want to get involved. Since I called his receptionist a bitch I received a certified letter telling me not to come back. I told her I wouldn't be back ... but I will have a lawyer get my records , not copies but the originals.

I'm not a happy camper.

Now don't ask me about the $1063 I spent on building a HTPC.

... and what really pizzes me off is that KENDELL has more AC/DC songs than I do !!! I bet I'm the only one on here that went to one of their concerts.

Ken, reading over the last year I take it you were not in the military? Otherwise there are VA hospitals that could help. Best wishes on finding something that helps...

Ken I can symphatise with you on the loss of control of your back. It happened to me several years ago, I laid in bed for days and couldn't get up. I would rather have broken legs or arms than the feeling when you can't control your back. The only thing that gave me any relief was a Gel ice pack on my back 20 minutes every hour.

X-rays and MRI's never showed any thing but I finally figured out it was caused by an antibiotic I was talking called Levaquin. All the doctors swear that couldn't have caused it but I was able to research it on the Internet and found many people have the same symptoms.

Even today I have problems sitting in a chair or driving and if I lay on my back for a short time it sometimes feels like something just disconnects.

AIN'T IT THE TRUTH!!?

Joe Smith started the day early having set his
alarm clock
(MADE IN JAPAN) for 6am.
While his coffeepot
(MADE IN CHINA )
was perking, he shaved with his
electric razor
(MADE IN HONG KONG ).
He put on a dress shirt
( MADE IN SRI LANKA ),
designer jeans
( MADE IN SINGAPORE )
and tennis shoes
(MADE IN KOREA )
After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet
(MADE IN INDIA )
he sat down with his calculator
( MADE IN MEXICO )
to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch
(MADE IN TAIWAN )
to the radio
(MADE IN INDIA )
he got in his car
( MADE IN GERMANY )
filled it with GAS from Saudi Arabia
and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.
At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer
(Made In Malaysia ),
Joe decided to relax for a while.
He put on his sandals
(MADE IN BRAZIL )
poured himself a glass of wine
(MADE IN FRANCE)
and turned on his TV
(MADE IN INDONESIA ),
and then wondered why he can't find
a good paying job
in AMERICA ....

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver) on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 03:40 am:

... and what really pizzes me off is that KENDELL has more AC/DC songs than I do !!! I bet I'm the only one on here that went to one of their concerts.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I went to an AC/DC concert back in '81/82(?) when I lived in Houston. It was at the Music Hall, which held only about 3000 folks,,, Yep, it was GREAT!!
guitarist.gif
buttrock.gif

I also have their DVD of, "AC/DC: Live At Donington", which I highly recommend! Every time we play it (2-3x/year) the wife & I end up dancing around the living room, sound cranked & singing like a couple of 'thunderstruck' stray hounddogs!
buttrock.gif
beer2.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Kendell - Not to burst yer bubble but you didn't do it right.

Kraig - If Kendell built his right you wouldn't have to go out early in the morning even if the fire was out for a couple of days up to maybe a week !

You guys remember some years ago I posted a scan from an old mag of a HAHSA ?? I'll see if I can find the scan but I doubt it ... to many PCs since then.

Kendell - I do want to hear about your plumbing though.

KENtucky, yes I remember that. I have it around here somewhere. I recall that it was after I had already put in the new chimney but before I put in the new wood furnace. I'll see if I can find it.

Good morning All.

Had an experience similar to what KENtuckyKEN had not too long ago with a place having his ATM card rejected. Yesterday while grocery shoppping in Marshalltown as I like to do I had everything rang up and went to slide the old ATM debit card. TWICE>>> REJECTED!!! Now with the line behind me growing of course panic begins to set in. I had used that card earlier in the morning. I knew the funds were there. The very thoughtful checkout woman called the assistant manager over. They momentarily suspended my purchase so to keep the line moving. The Assistant manager suggested trying the store's bank ATM machine. BINGO!!! It gave me the funds like it should have. The gentleman went on to explain that the same thing happened to him in Jamaica while on vacation. He had to literally call his bank. He then directed me to another woman that helped me finalize payment. She informed me that this isn't anything unusual anymore. The store and others each have an average of 3-4 customers a day suffer the same agony. Randomly due to the mega transactions now handled by ATM and credit card transactions. The Assistant manager suggested that I carry checks. They sometimes will suffer the same rejection fate, also though. It appears that KENtuckyKEN and I were victims of the newest "welcome to the world of automation" glitches.

My rant? Starting a new page! There's just something about seeing this blank space!
pop.gif

Marlin - What gets me is with the eye watering speed of electronics it takes my cigarette store a week or more to turn in my purchase. Sometimes I'll run my card in the ATMs to see what I've got left on the debit card and stuff hasn't been turned in yet. It should be deducted as soon as it's aproved.

Frank - What you doin startin a new page ?
biggrin.gif

WITHOUT A RANT !!!

OK, Ken, you mentioned cigarettes. How about the State of Maine putting a $2 Excise Tax on a pack of cigs, and then (I'm quite sure) charging 5% Sales Tax on the total? I call it John Baldacci and the Legislature trying to balance the budget 1 cigarette at a time. (Cigs roughly $5.50/pack, total, unless they've gone up again since yesterday).
bash.gif

Kentucky is wanting to add I think 70 cents a pack. They say it'll stop people from buying them hence save lives.
NOT! It'll just make stealing that much bigger and people will go hungry to smoke.
I think I'll have to go grow a hidden crop out in the forest or use grow lights indoors
biggrin.gif

State excise tax in N.J. is $24 a carton plus 7% sales tax! They figured people would stop/slow smoking. Well they did and the state is taking a beating on tax losses! Plus people buying them in pennsylvania for $15 less.

Allen - They're not taking a beating in tax loss. They were'nt getting it before they raised it so they're were they started ... screwing the consumer !

oh and I bought 2 cartons of Marlboro Menthol thursday for $29
happy.gif

Morning guys. Cigs are still pretty cheap down your way. I quit about 6 weeks ago but before I did I was paying $12 for a 25 pack here in Nova Scotia. Lots of people giving up simply because of the cost!!!! If the government wants people to quit then they should provide funding help! After all they are the ones that waited too long to warn people about the long term effects.
thumbdown.gif

KEN: The illegal cigarette trade is out of control here in Canada. People buy them from the indian reserves then resell them anywhere they can ( highly illegal ). But you can buy a bag of 200 cigs for about $25, less than half price so it's no wonder the contraband trade is huge.

Latest posts

Back