• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hey folks, my name is Chris Turner

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arden Turner

I live in southern Rhode Island. I've owned this 1641 for about 20 years that I bought at a nearby estate sale. It's turned out to be a great investment.

I mainly use it to move wood around on my wooded 6-acre property. I either cut and split oak out in the woods and haul it out with the trailer, or I am cutting down white pines that are starting to overwhelm the woods and dragging them out to piles in the back of the property. In the winter, I used to use a plow in the winter but found that it was overwhelmed when the snow cover got higher than the plow, so I upgraded to a snow blower that I found up in New Hampshire about ten years ago. I found a Polar 1500 trailer a while ago that has updated the trailer in the picture. I also have the small towed York rake that I use to grade the driveway a few times a year

The upgrade I'm considering is the addition of an adjustable receiver so I can move my boat around in the driveway.

Welcome Arden! Got any pics of that cub?
I must have forgotten to upload it when I posted. We have plenty of rocks over here in RI.

Attachments

• cub pic.jpg
    cub pic.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
What kind of Hitch or Receiver is currently on the back of the Cub?
It's the standard pin hitch. I'd like to go to an adjustable height hitch with a receiver so that i can put a ball on to move my boat around in the driveway, put a hook on the tractor that would work with the hook on my choker chain, and have a regular ball hitch for my trailer.

It's the standard pin hitch. I'd like to go to an adjustable height hitch with a receiver so that i can put a ball on to move my boat around in the driveway, put a hook on the tractor that would work with the hook on my choker chain, and have a regular ball hitch for my trailer.
I bought this receiver for my 782 from someone on this site. I should have his name somewhere in my CC loose-leaf. Not sure if he makes them for your rear axle.
It is wonderful!

Attachments

• IMG_20230626_134950.jpg
    IMG_20230626_134950.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221212_073512.jpg
    IMG_20221212_073512.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 0
xtrememotorworks sells these. I need to figure out which ones work for the 1641, whether I want the adjustable height, the ability to put more weight on the back like you have, etc.

Latest posts

Back