• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My first Cub!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvedder

displayname
Craig D Vedder Jr
Here are some photos of my first cub cadet and some of the ive done on it.

227176.jpg

Me bringing home the Cub, note the dented hood...

227177.jpg

Brought her home and put here right to work.... It ran pretty good, but had a leaky head gasket and carb need rebuilt

227178.jpg

227179.jpg

The tear down began... I started just wanted to touch up some paint and clean it as best as possible but as most of you guys can relate on here... once the parts start to fly its hard to stop yourself lol

227180.jpg

227181.jpg

227182.jpg

227183.jpg

227184.jpg

227185.jpg

Made my own battery mat out rubber sticky back tread from the auto parts store. only $4.99.

227186.jpg

I gave the foot rest my own little twist and used spray bedliner to refinish them.

227187.jpg

227188.jpg

Repainted wheels

227189.jpg

Starting to come back together...

227190.jpg

227191.jpg

I ran out of paint so still have to go bracket and finsh the brack the seat mounts to.... decals are coming soon so that top off the the refurb.

227192.jpg

227193.jpg

And then a little fourth of july/ tractor refurb completion smoke out out!! Also coming up... refurbed mowing deck, ih cart, and ih snow plow!!!

227194.jpg

My comments didnt upload so... here they are..... They probably wont make as much since now though

Here are some photos of my first cub cadet and some of the ive done on it.,

Me bringing home the Cub, note the dented hood...,

Brought her home and put here right to work....

It ran pretty good, but had a leaky hed gasket and carb need rebuilt,

The tear down began...

I started just wanted to touch up some paint and clean it as best as possible but as most of you guys can relate on here... once the parts start to fly its hard to stop yourself lol

Made my own battery mat out rubber sticky back tread from the auto parts store. only $4.99,

I gave the foot rest my own little twist and used spray bedliner to refinish them.

Repainted wheels

Starting to come back together...

back to driveable,

I ran out of paint so still have to go bracket and finsh the bracket the seat mounts to....

decals are coming soon so that top off the the refurb.

And then a little fourth of july/ tractor refurb completion smoke out out!! Also coming up... refurbed mowing deck, ih cart, and ih snow plow!!!}

Craig: What's cooking on the grill?

Looks like you're having more fun with your project than a teenager with a new video game!

Until you get the hang of posting on this forum, you may want to try uploading one picture at a time, add your comment --and be sure to include at least one "hard return" or <Carriage Return> or whatever you call it when you manually add a new line-- AFTER EVERY PHOTOGRAPH.

I know that will make Charlie happier.
smile.gif

Well Jeremiah I smoked two slabs of pork spare ribs and and two pork butts. And yes, Ive been having lots of fun with this project, I really have newfound liking for these cubs... PS I will post one pic at a time from now on lol...

Craig- nice work so far on your Cub! That is how my refurbish started on the Cubbie. I had intentions of restoring it eventually but with charging and carb problems, I started to take it apart. Now I'm in the middle of a full refurbish. How is she running for you? It is amazing what a fresh coat of paint and a little detail work will do! Do you find yourself tempted to get another one yet? Look out for "yellow fever"!

LoL Josh, I wanted another cub within a week after getting this one. I want to try and find a hyrdostatic narrow frame next. And, knock on wood its running really well. When I first got it she wouldnt really low idle and it had a leaky head gasket. Rebuilt the carb and put on a new head gasket along will a full tune-up. She purrrs now.

I worked my butt off on this one to get her done, I did this in 7 days (after work and two weekends). I want to build a loader next!

Looking great Craig!! Nice work and l love the 7 series!! Just got a smoker at work as I'm a chef. Nice to see another cubnutz cook!! Looking forward to the finished product.

David L. Congratulations and you bought it for a very reasonable price!!!
happy.gif

Your first is always one to remember:

284361.jpg

This 105 came home with me in 1999. I, also, got it for $50. It wouldn't start and when it did it wouldn't move. That was my introduction to "stuck down" relief valves. No computer, then. I "back yard mechanic'd" until it was useable and fell in love with the principle behind these machines. From there (and after getting a computer) it's been a whirlwind ride.
The pics are of when it came home and Jeanne riding it - pre digital at our place.
I'm reinforcing my previous statement that a 125 is an ideal machine for a Girl.

Slant Tongue.gif
happy.gif

Ya done good, Devin!
happy.gif
happy.gif

I also picked up 2 125s one with a 10hp, 1450 parts with running 12hp, 1650 parts, 2 36in snow blowers and 42in snow blower for $825 was that a good deal?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Devin sounds to me like yellow and white fever is setting in, in my neck of the woods, I would consider that a good deal. Congrats, not sure it's possible to own just one cub

Devin, looks like its got eye brows and a big smile of snow sittin there. Awesome...

Ok guys need some help on my first cub we and my 6 year old a getting started on restoring our first cub, I need help with mobel, we pick up a cub yesterday and it had been painted read and all i can find it the serial number on rear end its 213695 any advise on finding out the model, also all the nubers on motor have been painted

Latest posts

Back