Look what followed me home

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that didn't quite work like I had planned.
bash.gif

The motor is a K181 and it has good compresion, but I don't think it's the original motor. The frame has been welded. but to me it was worth the money to have another one.

Thanks Marlin, I just got it fired up this morning! I still need to finish assembling every thing. I hooked a battery to the coil, dumped some gas in the tank and pulled it over with a rope on the flywheel. It fired and ran on the second pull!!
buttrock.gif

Jason, These old Kohler's amaze me. I got a 126 out of a junkyard, rigged up a gas tank (someone took the original off), cleaned the carb, put a rope on it and it started in three pulls. Smokes a little but a good tractor.

A friend called and offered to let me have a cub cadet cheap. He said a 102.
224896.jpg

224897.jpg

224898.jpg

You just never know what people might do.

Made aanother short road trip and found this. It is very dirty but will look better with a wash job.

225498.jpg

225499.jpg

Luther, ooooo, a 100 with a Sears CAT-0 3 point and tiller.
drool.gif
Nice find!

Thanks guys. The man that bought it new repainted it, and tiller, and was goint to get a new hood and seat for it.
It smokes a little but runs like new, so probally needs rings, but is well worth the price. I am going to Iowa Thursday to get my 6 yo helper. He will have a blast with it.

went after this 149 with tiller and ended up driving home in a different truck first gm product so we will see!
225707.jpg

225708.jpg

Luther H.
I love that Sears 3-point! I have one just like it mounted on an Original I use for pulling a sears plow I got with it. Looks like yours is mounted diferently than mine is. Can you post a close up pic of how it's mounted to the tractor. Mine tends to flop back and drop the plow if I hit a bump to hard, I don't think I have it mounted corectly.

Jason the guy made a plate that attaches at the top with 2 brackets and attaches at the bottom with 1 bolt in the hitch hole.
225870.jpg

225871.jpg

225872.jpg

225873.jpg

He also added a hitch for pulling a trailer behind the bracket. Hope this is what you wanted.

Thanks for the pics Luther. I've never seen one mounted to another cub, I got mine at a yard sale with the plow a few years ago for only $10. I mounted mine directly to the diff cover, straight up and down with a adapter plate I fabed up at work. I'll fab up one simular to yours and see if that works better. I'll post some pics when I get it done. Onec again thanks.

Jason i gave the tiller on the 100 a good workout yesterday and it performs very good. I also drove around over rough ground some and it never dropped down. Do i need to get a angle on the adapter plate for you?
226318.jpg

Luther If you could post the angle that would be great! I haven't had time to start the refurb of the adapter plate yet, I need to pick up a new welder, my crapy old Clarke welder died on me a couple weeks ago whle patching a mower deck for my buddys Case 222. Glad to here that the tiller works good, how do you like the three point compared to a sleeve hitch?
Thanks for all the info and picks.

Latest posts

Back