Lets see all those off topic tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wifes granfather used his chalmers to do everything. he loved it and had to 30's jd's. they sat in a barn. he took care of 5 acres of hilly fields

theo

Yea I've checked out Simple Tractors. Lots of info there. I guess the rear end on those things is kind of puzzling. Lots of "banjo work" compared to a cub. I can get this thing with the tiller, cultivator, and deck for really cheap. About 150 bucks for everything. The only thing is that the 12 hp kohler threw a rod so I'd have to find an engine which shouldn't be that big of a deal. My question is: Is it a good tractor or would I just be better off putting that time and money into another cub. Oh yea, it's in really good condition other than the engine. Been kept in a closed shed. Any input is appreciated.

Jim - To answer your question , where's it at I'll be there tomorrow.

Hey Jim T, 712's were fairly popular as garden tractors go g-pa still has one it's a k301 and they call the drive system Shuttle Drive you have a lever on the right side of the steering console and a shifterunder the seat like a cub you select a gear and your lever is pshed forward for forward and pulled backward for backward. simple to use tractor good for forward and back gettin tight spots while mowing.

I have a ac416 with shuttle drive. I have to do a lot of adjusting on the shuttle drive probably due to old sloppy belt. Overall I'd say it's a solid piece of machinery.
75303.jpg

Nice Allis Chalmers. It will give you alot of good work. Buddy had a Simplicity 3414s I think that had a 16hp cast iron briggs. Same trans, 4 speeds under the seat, lever to the side of steering wheel for forward/reverse. New belts and you'l be good.
It had a mount for a blade, we put a 54in. one on. It would push snow like no other.

I have a blade and deck for this also, the deck is in pretty rough shape but it will primarily be used for plow duty, also came with an IH cub cadet lawn sweeper.
75529.jpg

Boy do I feel dirty.....this followed me home today. I just couldn't seem to walk away for $50
79950.jpg

79951.jpg

It does seem to be a pretty decent tractor, not sure of it's fate as of yet. May fix it up for my wife. She would like the foot treadle, she's kinda hard on a gear drive. Although it does have hydro lift, I could use it for my FrankenCub
happy.gif

Brendan B. Great find. And a good price. Definintely fix it up. A friend of mine has colon/liver cancer and he has four or five old Bolens. Last year I mowed his lawn (over two acres) for him. He wants to find good loving homes for them. When the snow melts if anyone would be interested I can get pictures of them. From all that he has you could probably make three good ones. One is a big 14 hp Kohler powered hydro.

OK guys,

I'm looking for some info on New Holland garden tractors. Specifically, on an S-14 hydro tractor, I need to know what size the charging system is. I'm pretty sure Kohler only had 2 systems on their k321 engines (10 and 15 amp). Reason being, I have another tractor that has a bad stator(10 amp). I have the engine out of the New Holland and want to use the parts.

Carey

Digger,

Will that tell what the size of the charging system is? Thats all the info I need.

Thanks a lot man.

Carey

Latest posts

Back