• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Lets see all those off topic tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any experience with a Bolens QT17 1666? I have found pics of other bolens tractors but none of the 1666. Was this an "odd ball" model? I found one I think I can buy cheap. Just wondering if it's worth it or not.

Antone know anything about a Hesston, Front Runner 140?
89037.jpg

Paul, I don't know anything about it but it looks like a neat mower. Any chance that it's 4WD?
dunno.gif

Man, you could do some serious brush hoggin' with that thing. I would love to try that out with a front blade and a cab would be sweet too.

Does it steer by hydrolics?

No, the steering is mechanical. Basically a rod from the steering box pitman arm to a bracket on the rear section frame. Seems to steer very easy the little bit I've driven it. It has a hydro leak, that appears to be a shaft seal in the charge pump, that I want to fix before I play with it too much. The PO says the pump is the same as used in a JD 318, which as far as I know is the same 15U Sunstrand that is used in the IH Cub Cadets.

Mikies 8-8spd Wheel Horse. Narrow ags are temporary, they are to narrow and dont look right, but the normal rims just got painted and have to cure. Cheers Mike
89308.jpg

89309.jpg

better pics of the new Horse, all repainted other than the mower deck, that will get done in the off season. Cheers Mike
89348.jpg

89349.jpg

89350.jpg

Paul Bell
Your Hesston was made at Hesston Mfg Co. at
Hesston,Kansas. I think they were bought out by AGCO, but they still do make some items with the Hesston brand on it.
You might try them and see if they can furnish any information.
I live about 30 miles from there, but do not own any of their equipment.

Dean in Kansas

Found a Montgomery Ward GT yesterday that I can get for free. Looks like a really stout tractor. It has headlight, hydraulics, and a sleeve hitch. I've done some searching and I see where some say this tractor was built by Gilson, which is now Toro, and others say it's an old MTD. Anyone know anything about these things, or where I might be able to find some info, parts, etc? I hate to turn down a free GT.

Hi Jim, I had a MW GT some years ago. It was a decent tractor, had a deck, snow blade, snow blower and 100# of weights. Not sure of the model but it was 12hp with hydraulics and made by Gilson. At the time I didn't know any better and sold it for $100. Oops

Here are some pics of the Montgomer Ward Garden Mark Squire 12. Anyone know of where I can find some info? The engine is a 12 hp Briggs. Pretty stout looking engine, and I love the look of the tractor.

94013.jpg

94014.jpg

94015.jpg

If I'm off base please let me know, but I'm computer illiterate and can't figure out how to create a new post on the "Off Topic" section so I'll tag on this one.
B&S 16.5 HP eng. runs great, starter will turn over eng. with spark plug out. Most times trying to start, eng. will stop turning over on compression stroke. Visual inspection of starter
shows good brushs, clean comutator, good bearings & bushings. Batt. charged 12.5 volts, amps good.
Whats the problem?

James N: Start with taking a good look at the grounds. Bad grounds restrict the flow of electrons which means you don't get enough amperge to crank the engine..Occasionally the compression release on older engines fail to do their job and must be checked....Do you have the B&S service manual for that engine?? I strongly recommend having one...Best I can do without a better description of the engine model.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

morning all... last night after topping off the tank on my pickup, glanced over to the other fuel pumps and saw a beautiful IH super AV. this thing looked liked it had just rolled off the showroom floor. not a single speck of oil, dirt, grease, nothing. clean as a pin. guy said he picked it up from california for NOTHING!!

Kraig, that's it. Question, what is the glass bowl at the air intake? never saw anything like that before. Too bad the pics not in color.

Brad, the glass bowl, (might just be a plain old canning jar) is for settling out dirt before it gets to the carb.

94692.jpg

Latest posts

Back