Lets see all those off topic tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
WOW! Thanks for the link. Those pics are just the kind of info I need. It looks like I might be missing more small parts judging from the 108 in the pictures.

Do you know how to get in touch with Ron Becker?

Michael, sorry, I don't have any contact info for Mr Becker.

hi there look what jumped into my truck today at lunch it about a 66 wheel horse lawn ranger its rough but it runs and drives looks like a fun little tractor
119676.jpg

Darren,
Not bad looking Horse, but I don't know why so many owners want to butchered the hoods on those round hood WHs. That one really got butchered.

i was hoping it had the original motor in it but i geuss i can live with it the guy i got it from bought it new and this is the 3rd motor they put in it and the best part of the deal is when i asked how much he wanted for it he told me just to get it out of his yard so away it went

hers a update on the wheel horse this little tractor was just to small for me to ride around on so we decided to make it a little bit bigger its far from done thers gaurds for the belt and running boards and paint and difernt tires and rime but its comming
150261.jpg

This little guy arrived two Fridays ago. A fairly early production MF10. He was on an auction the night before. The PO had parked him supposedly three eyars ago and bought another tractor. The tractor was supposedly running at the time. After removing the mower deck, I noticed the blades to be new only rusty.... AND installed upside down. There is also some stuff wrapped around one spindle. The upside down blades will pull a good running tractor down in a hurry once you try and mow. (BTDT when we bought the first 125 back in 1976. The PO had done the same thing and blew his engine up.) Fortunately this engine just needs some TLC. In time he'll be refurbished with the 2x4 seat lift kit being removed and the leg protectors put back on. and become a Plow Tractor. Since all four tires are too weathered for salvage he'll receive Ag tires in back. Now I just need some information about the paint colors for the little guy.

150474.jpg

Darren- nice work thus far. hey man, run whatch'ya brung! may i ask a question?...how come you cant split that belt system? hummm....

John that what ive been thinking about running a double pully behind the clutch idler but im not sure yet im wondering how that lond belt will hold up what do you guys think

Darren- hey, what about chain from the wheel up to a pullt with the sprocket/v-belt pully? may have to make that one on your own. i'am only suggesting....the wheel horse looks like it would be fun to take in the mud....so would the belt get wet and slip? are you going to paint 'er up when your done? would look good the original colors.....but thats me. i may say something like that, then someone will come out with a killer paint job that would be awsome!

those are great ideas it wont see much mud ore water its going to be just for fun and to pull my kids around in the yard and the local paraides and yes it will get a fresh coat of paint back to factory collars and decals and 4 matching rims and tires witch i put on this weekend its been a great learning experience and great fun working with my dadthanks for the ideas

Marlin, I really like that Massey Ferguson!

Would like to have one myself being that I am partial to Massey Harris tractors!

Randy

Marlin:
Great find - our first lawn tractor was a 7 or 8 (can't remember which) Hydro, repowered with an 8 HP Briggs. It had the two blade timed deck, with worn out slide couplers on the cross shaft, I kept rebuilding them, finally bought all new parts, gave it to my son. I built a push blade for the front that had arms running all the way to the rear under the tractor, pivoted on the back. Dig into a good pile of dirt and it'd stand right up on the rear wheels, till the lift link stopped it. My son used it for a few years , but abandoned it when he sold a house and moved...
thumbsdown.gif

Have fun with it !!!!

Darren- this may require a bit of searching, but in the vault were some finished products of what you are doing now. they are like "monster garden tractors" cool!!

thanks John i did see those and thats what got me tinking about building one they have a really cool website just google monster mower and theres all kind of information on them theres a web site called monster mower mayham is were i got most of my guidence and information

Thank guys for the compliments. Last night Pat Zeroth and I took a road trip after work to pick up his new Bolens Husky 1477. It is a diamond in the rough. From what information we've gathered this model was made only one year... 1971. Round trip of 140 miles during which on the way home the Dakota's brake went out and here is his new project.

150681.jpg

150682.jpg

150683.jpg

150684.jpg

If anyone have any information about this particular model they would like to share it will be very much appreciated. If possible Pat would like to make it a Plow Day tractor. That 14 hp Wisconsin should be a neat engine for plowing.

Something oil burning and OT coming home this weekend. Keep you posted................

This is a Ht20 diesel bolens that I just sold. The wife had a fit when it came home so I had to let her go. Too bad cause this is one tough unit.

150702.jpg

Trent,
"I had to let her go" The wife or the tractor?? <font size="-2">(or maybe both???)</font>

Tom,
Let's hope it was the wife, cause I would have never let that diesel go!!!!
How come I can't ever find one of those dang things!
bash.gif

Latest posts

Back