• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Insurance

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoore

displayname
Bruce Moore
Sue and I were talking about our house insurance, and I wondered about values for (among other collected things) my growing den of Cubs and the attachments. You never want to think about a fire, tornado, theft, etc., but I kind of wondered what other people do. Hope nothing ever happens? Hope your insurance adjuster agrees to anything you say?
The IHCC Forum is noted as NOT being an appraisal site. Is there such a thing? I recall that Travis had to ask people to contact him concerning the prices of some of the stuff which was stolen from him. I believe that was for court and police charges, but dealing with an insurance company can't be that much different.

Most homeowners policies cover a certain amount on out buildings and contents, BUT, you have an excessive amount or more than it allows, you can get a rider to your policy to cover the extra. That's what we did anyway.

I got a bunch of cubs and parts stolen a couple years ago. They were not even stored on my property and my homeowners insurance would cover them.

Get this though. Under Iowa law, the guys did NOT have to pay for the items they took IF my insurance covered them (which it did). All they had to pay was my deductible. Thanks to the help from a few guys on this forum though, 2 of them got 10 years in prison!!!

Charlie, I never did file a claim because I'm sure my premiums would go up, but I know the cap was over $15,000, and I don't even have a writer.

Latest posts

Back