IH Cub Cadet Pulling and Hot Rodding

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way the NQS Super Stock Shootout is Wednesday night in Henry IL. at the Marshall-Putman fairgrounds , the top 40 in points in the NQS Super Stock class have been invited to participate. pull starts at 6:30. this is a invitational pull only.

We'll look into that one too Don. That's 2 hours away, maybe I'll cut out of work a bit early.

Do you have a link for info on it?

Jeff, I'm familiar with that group. they don't really have a name. they pull at 3 or 4 fairs in that area. their rules are very poor. we did a couple engines
& a tranny for people that pull in that group that are suppose to be stock. they run way past gov. speed and won't put steel flywheels on them. someones going to get hurt some day.

Hehe! That was cool at Putnam tonight. We had to leave at 10:00PM so if someone oculd let me know where Don & Jim placed... I snapped a couple pics tonight.

Don - what the hell is that little tractor you and Jim where pulling each other around with? The wife loved it! "Oh, it's sooooo cute!" she said every time you guys rolled by.

I finished 4th in my heat , & 7th in the finals. Jim finished 6th or 7th in his heat, they only took the top 5 from each heat for a final of 10

that little tractor in my brother Wheel Horse Ranger. with get this , a 6 hp tecumseh in it.

LOL! A little overpowered isn't it?
happy.gif

We had a good time watching for sure! She's excited to see how the boy get's into it.

Wish we could've been a bit closer. We were front row in the grandstands on the south side of the track so we didn't get as close as we wanted to. But there's always bext time.

Hi, Im building a puller and was curious on how to weld the spider gears.Does any one have pictures or steps on how to do this? Thanks

Reminder to those in eastern WI this Sunday: The Lakeshore Garden Tractor Pullers Assoc. pull will be in Plymouth(Sheboygan county) this Sunday at noon to ? Stop on up and see some wild pulling action! Twin turbines,turbo diesels etc...and of course a brat fry,after all it is WI!! Drop me an email for more info;I hope to see alot of the forum gang!!

Hey Everybody!

Anything that a guy like me should keep in mind when hawgin' out a 12hp block to accept a 14hp +020 piston, rod, and crank?

Dave K.

I think .020 may be too much. Wall thickness becomes marginal at 14 std. IIRC when I was asking about it.

I'm disappointed with mine (14 std piston/crank in a 301 block w/small flywheel in a 126). It shakes too much, so have the reciprocating mass balanced. I'm sure others will chime in soon.

Keep us posted and good luck.

I don't know if I'd do that for a every day mower. We've had them pop the jug in stock class pullers before.but if you do make sure the bore is centered in the bore casting. you do need to rebalence or use a 14 hp crank or they get the shakes bad.

I made the Plymouth, WI, quarter scale tractor pull put on by the Lakeshore Garden Tractor Pullers Assoc. It took place this past Sunday. I took a few pictures of the action.
20515.jpg

20516.jpg

20517.jpg

Latest posts

Back