• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Plow Day 9.0, April 9, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Travis - did that TV station give you a copy of the video they shot?

I'll try my 1st posting of pic's.
Andrew plowing
27322.jpg

Andrew plowing some more... Kraig getting a nice photo.
27323.jpg

Art's Plow Special
27324.jpg

My dad sitting on my 127, nice 126 in front of us.
27325.jpg

Line of plows.
27326.jpg

Here's a pic of my son Andrew on the 127 the week before plow day. I may/or may not have gotten it stuck, but all the pictures show him on it.
27327.jpg

(Message edited by vthomley on April 18, 2005)

Vince, I was actually taking video there. :eek:) Any chance I could get copies of the high resolution versions of your photos? How about if I say "please"?

I'm still thinking about who had the nicest rig there. There were really some sharp rigs this time!

Travis "It doesn't get any better than that" awesome plow day
Did anyone read the plow day article in Mason City's Globe Gazzette News Paper? The sunday after plow day they published an article. My wife called today and they are sending a copy to my house. There was two woman, one photographing and the other a writer.
Bragging Rights was settled. it was a tie, two 14hp Kohler shaft driven tractors(149 vs 140) with loaded tires and ags. two stalled engines both times.
I have to thank Gary Taylor (Elizabeth's husband) for making and selling me those classic IH Fenders.
Brad

Here's the Globe Gazette article from their website.

Tearin' up some dirt
By JAN HORGEN, Of The Globe Gazette

ROCKFORD — Sounding much like a swarm of worker bees, tractors buzzed back and forth across the field.

With each pass, the miniature tractors left a single furrow of freshly turned soil.

Cub Cadet Plow Day, held in spring and fall, draws urban folks longing for the country life, according to Dennis Tiernan of Solon.

"This gives city guys who secretly want to live in the country a chance to get out and tear up some dirt," Tiernan said of his fellow Cub Cadet garden tractor enthusiasts.

Admitting he has 30 Cub Cadets in various stages of repair, Tiernan laughed, saying, "It's a sickness, but most of us here just can't get enough."

People from all across the Midwest came to watch more than 100 lawn tractors slice through the dirt of a farm field behind Travis and Deb Schweizer's rural Rockford acreage.

"There's nothing better than a Cub Cadet lawn tractor," Schweizer said. "It's a good chance to get dirty, swap some parts and have some fun."

Pulling his 1981 model 782 to a stop, Brad Datisman of Hampshire, Ill., broke a wide grin. His love affair with I-H equipment, especially the mini-tractors, was born when Datisman inherited his grandfather's H International tractor.

He lived in town, so collecting lawn tractors made more sense.

"I have nine Cub Cadets — one for mowing, one for pushing snow, one for cultivating, one to plow, built a log splitter and mounted on another — it just goes on and one," Datisman said. "I finally ran out of garage space, so I moved to an acreage; had to have more storage room."

Three generations of the Blunier family suffer from "Cub Cadet fever," 53-year-old "Big" Steve Blunier said.

"I still have the 1965 Cub Cadet 100 I bought 30 years ago," the elder Blunier said.

He has 30; 31-year-old son Steve Blunier II owns seven, and on a trailer near the father and son stood a small model they will rebuild so 4-year-old Steve Blunier II can ride.

"I'm getting ready to fix another for my granddaughter," Big Steve said. "Guess I'll probably have to paint that one pink."

Interested in learning more about the folks who collect and restore Cub Cadet lawn and garden tractors? Go the International Harvester Web site at http://www.ihregistry.com.

"That's how most of us met, on the Internet," Schweizer said. "Plow Day give us a chance to put faces to the names we know. And to kick up a little dirt."

Reach Jan Horgen at 421-0534 or [email protected]

What a bunch of idiots!!!!! Wrong website!!!! The person that wrote the piece can't even use correct grammar!

J

I saw that.

I'm wondering if Travis was misqouted where he said "lawn tractor"...

The writing leaves a bit to be desired. But hey, it's publicity.

This was sent to her on the 10th,
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

digger wrote:

> Hello,
> I thought you might like to know that Spring Plow Day was NOT a http://www.ihregistry.com/ event.
> It was a https://www.ihcubcadet.com/ & http://www.weekendfreedommachines.org/ event ONLY!!!!!!!
>
> The registry have not and will not ever have anything to do with our events. They are in Pa..
>
> Charlie Proctor
> http://plowday.net/<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

If anyone would like to send her a note!

Jan Horgen, Mason City Globe Gazette
300 N. Washington Ave.
P.O. Box 271
Mason City, IA 50402-0271
(641) 421-0534 or 800 421-0524
fax: 641-421-7108
e-mail: [email protected]

Please don't write her emails. I'm happy that they came and did it. SOMEONE obviously told her what to write!! I wasn't very happy about it, as some of you already know, but there's not much that can be done about it

As I told several of the guys in emails, the best thing to say to a reporter is "no comment". They change a word or two, use one sentence instead of the several you used to describe what you mean and then the whole idea is lost.

I thought this was the other Cub site.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ihccubcadettractors/

The problem is that her errors are like giving the Honda website at a Ford event. She could not have made a bigger error.

As far as publicity goes, I would rather have none at all than poorly written and incorrect publicity!

J

(Message edited by jluckey on April 19, 2005)

(Message edited by jluckey on April 19, 2005)

Jonathan, I disagree. I think it was a decent article and I am glad she came. I was suprised at the interest I had locally, and I liked having an article in the local newspaper.

She is still fairly new, and I think she's allowed to make a mistake or two. Weren't you new at something at one point?

Besides, she got that info somewhere. She didn't just dream it up. I'm more pissed about who gave the web address to her.

BTW, the Rockford paper had a very good article, and showed the picture of the pulloff!!

KIMT News Channel 3 in Mason City had this,
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Plowing with a Twist

Megan Strader
MASON CITy, Iowa (KIMT)
Saturday, April 9, 2005

It's not unusual to see a a farmer plowing his fields this time of year. What IS unusual is seeing 150 garden tractors rolling across one single field near Rockford.

Travis Schweizer tells KIMT Newshcannel Three, "This is actually the neighbors field, we park in my field and drive over and plow the neighbors field."

His nephew, Tyler Schweizer notes, "Too see so many it is, that many lawnmowers at one time, it's not strange but unique I guess."

Unique enough to chase down the attention of tractor collectors from as far as North Carolina and Alaska.

Travis added, "A lot of this is off the internet, we have a Club Cadet group on the internet this is just a chance for everybody to get to know each other...put some faces to the typing."

But it's more than a chance to shoot the breeze with fellow enthusiasts...it's also plowing up some extra cash for the Rockford Volunteer Fire Department.

Tyler told us, "Being a rural fire department we don't get a lot of funding so it really helps them out a lot."

And there's no question as to how the department will spend today's crop.

Travis added, "Buy Equipment, we're always in need of equipment so we're looking to buy equipment."

Digging up dirt and digging deep in their pockets, all in the name of good ol' fashioned fun.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

who gave her the address?

You can send that via email if you like.

J

That's what I'd like to know. I have nothing against the other forum whatsoever, but they have their thing, we have ours.

Last year I posted the link to the story, but I didn't this year for this very reason.

Charlie, I'll send you one of the Rockford papers and you can scan it.

I think it's good over all. As Travis pointed out, it generated interest which in turn helped out the local FD - A good thing.

I find it a little disconcerting that terminology was incorrect (garden tractor vs. lawn mower in one article and lawn tractor in the other) and the url was given out wrong (and she never verified the information, hallmarks of a good reporter). But again, as Travis pointed out - she's new so only time will tell.

But hey, We had fun right?
happy.gif

Back