• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Plow Day 9.0, April 9, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it has been almost 5 years. IIRC that the phrase pd"#" was thanks to Updike. I would agree to that. One thing is for sure, it wasn't the boys across the fence.
J

As a matter of fact, the registry page, wasn't even started until after I launched the IH Cub Cadet Identification Cubsite, and I didn't start the cubsite until after PD1

J.L.
Settle down now, go take yer meds, take a little nappie poo and things will be all better this after noon.
biggrin.gif

Oh yea, on the press release thing! Travis left it in the porta pottie! snicker

Nothing offical on counts, sorry
I got sidetracked while I was counting and by the time I got back on task, there were to many already gone.

(Message edited by cproctor on April 19, 2005)

Actually, Steve, Wyatt, and I discussed having the first one in the parking lot of the Dyersville toy show. I beleive it was Steve's idea after getting a plow delivered to that event. One of the infamous "swapping of iron"
lol.gif

Jonathan, I've dealt with the public enough to not let trivial crap bother me.

That's right Travis, I recall that you're only in it for the money! :eek:)

I think it's time for a PD photo to get this back on track.

27371.jpg

Here's a driver's view from Steve B's 782 during the Friday night plowing.

27373.jpg

Travis-
I think that was when Steve went to the Rock Falls pull on the way to the toy show, picked up IH suitcase weights, found my 10" Brinly "one hole" plow, and there was some discussion out in the parking lot of it. Seems like it was at the same show Ken U had some sheets of data gathering people's thoughts about a forthcoming Cub Cadet and Farmall Cub book.

"Pre Plow Prayer"??? Well we do have a guy here called "The REV" don't we????

Ahhhh...This photo....

27383.jpg

Ken Updike get's credit for coining "Plow Day"

My Family get's credit for actually putting one together and hosting a GT Plow Day.

The first "official" "ALL Brands" plow day was borne out of a merging of WFM and IHCC events and many long conversations between Robb, Travis, Myself and others.

At PD#1 we plowed 12 acres....2 weeks ago we plowed 50!!!!!!

Maybe it's time for the originator of the term "PD" to finally take a turn at hosting near the dealership......a true "centralized" location........hint, hint Ken
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

BTW, Wyatt was pretty much right......I took my Tarus to the Rock Falls pull, happened to buy a plow along the way at a JD dealership, went up to the Nat. Toy Show and ended up selling the plow to Wyatt. IIRC Bryan McMeen was also at that show. We spent a good hours holding up Wyatt's truck!!!!

Funny, I met Travis (although I didn't realize it at the time) in a similar conversation with Dale and Dan H. behind a pick-up at the parking lot of Little G the year before.......

Well no matter who first came up with the idea of haveing a plowday I for one am glad they did.
It is defently worth the time, where else can you see so many over grown boys playing in the dirt with their toys.
happy.gif

Hmmmm PD @ C&G.... I could run My 72 over there!
bubbly.gif
But I've been warned to "Never come to a PD without My 982 again" Oh well.... At least the 982 is the right color....

Seems I missed a couple on the 2005 Spring Plow Day Raffle & Door Prize Donation List

Steve Blunier-Wrench set and socket set
Art Aytay-Haban Sickle Bar Mower Hat

Sorry guys, your names were not on the list.
blush.gif

C&G sounds GREAT!!!!!! Just think Ken, you could have the parts dept. open for some "Extended Hours". Mybe you could talk the Boss into getting a cut on the parts sales???????

Latest posts

Back