• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Plow Day 9.0, April 9, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny,

Was it full of Cub parts?

(Message edited by dtiernan on April 11, 2005)

Tom H., thanks. BTW the high resolution version makes a very nice wallpaper on the PC. :eek:)

Lonny, too bad we didn't have the time to put those 6-12 ag tires on the front of your Metro and weld the sleeve hitch to the back of it for a plow like we discussed. That would have made a great photo. :eek:)

Kurt, is this your tractor?

27135.jpg

Kraig,
I told him that Travis had a welder and torch in his garage but he wouldn't go for it!
I think it was because, he's just a big cheddar CHICKEN!!!!!! grin

Lonnie you should have taken Charlie up on the offer to weld a hitch onto your Metro, you'd have gone home with a sleeve hitch. :eek:)

LONNIE, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU DIDN'T HAVE A TRACTOR TO PLOW WITH?

You could have taken my Black one for a spin!
happy.gif

A few quick trip numbers:

830 miles (1/2 pulling 3400# trailer, 1/2 pulling 2400# trailer)

wind of some sort the whole time (mostly side and head winds)

69+ gallons of gas

11.92 MPG (Ford F-150, 4.6L, 2wd, locked out of OD)

$152 spent on gas

Worth it for a great weekend!!!!!

John Lang >
I did not go down to plowday to plow, I went to gather up needed parts as I found them. I would have brought a tractor down to plow with but I have plenty of plowing to do here at home once the frost is out and the ground is dry enough to plow.
Dennis >
Yes, I had a few parts loaded in the car for the trip home, maybe 250 to 300 lbs worth.
Kraig >
Maybe next year, we'll will have to see what time brings. Would have made for a great picture thought. lol.

(Message edited by lbuttke on April 12, 2005)

Steve, I had little bit better numbers:

505 miles
same weather conditions
'84 GMC S-15, 2.8v6, HD suspension
1300# in bed, 1000# on 5x8 trailer
31.7 gallons $72.00
15.93 mpg
watching my step-grandson, who likes Simplicity, drive a cub all day: PRICELESS

By the way, of a possible almost 5 hours, he put 4.4 hours on my 149.

I did forget to mention that even after telling him he could only go about 1.5 hours on a tank of gas, some have pictures of him sitting in the furrow during the parade lap out of gas. I just wish I had thought to take a picture before helping him get it going again.

Kraig...Yes it is and that is none other than everyones fat little buddy...ME..driving it...
Mileage report...Went from home to Travis's Friday morning then to Des Moines to pick one up than when I left for home Sat. evening followed Brad Lyons to Springfield Ill to pick up a 682 than to a Plow-Day in north central Indiana and finally made it home 6:00 Sunday night with the trip meter at 1422 miles and 8 hours sleep {2 Thursday night before I left and 6 at Travis's Friday night} I needed to back to work and catch up on some sleep....Only spent 275.00 on fuel...

Thank you to Travis and everyone else for a wonderful Plow Day !!!! I had a blast and I know my son, Andrew, did also !!! Same for my dad!
This was my first, but definitely won't be my last. I will be bringing 2 cubs and 2 plows next time, so I can get some seat time. I did make 1 round with my 127, and 1 round with Art's Plow Special. Thank you Art.
Also thank you Kraig for letting me(my son) use your plow !!!
I definitely have to find another Cub and a couple plows before the next plow day.
Lonny, figuring the total miles it rode on the trailer, my 127 got better gas mileage than your Metro.... However my Expedition did not fare that well, I did not keep track but I did visit a couple gas stations during my trip. Last week the Ford Service Manager told me, "The good thing about your Expedition is that the gas mileage won't drop when you pull a trailer....."
My 2 neighbors that are Cub Cadet guys seemed very jealous, disappointed, and overall unhappy about missing this event while I was telling them about it on Sunday !!! I told them there will be another Plow Day soon.

oops try again

(Message edited by sblunier on April 12, 2005)

A few immages from the pics my wife took.....

27161.jpg

27154.jpg

27155.jpg

27156.jpg

27157.jpg

27158.jpg

27159.jpg

27160.jpg

Kraig- That picture of the 582 Modified in the Night Plow kinda "Illuminates" why Cubs are better little tractors than Deeres. IMHO. The one of the Plow Special at sundown is a good one also and at least Art isn't in the picture
rofl.gif

This'll be the Last PD I go to without a trailer! But hauling the CC in the back of My truck probably did save some fuel $$$$. My numbers were 512+ miles.... Plus a trip to work and back Monday, averaged 18.62 mpg on $2.399/gal fuel, so $66 bucks round trip. I was surprised with the 800# +/- extra in the back of the truck and the wind & hills I got that good of MPG. Gotta love light load diesel fuel economy!

Steve, great series of photos! I really like the one of you and Big Steve parked side by side on the the 782s.

KRAIG - I heard a rumor that in a couple more years there's going to be a couple more Cub Cadets in that Blunier Clan and some won't be red or Yellow & white! THREE Generations plowing together!
thumbsup_old.gif

Denny, after watching Emma (sp) point out the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> on the steering wheel of Steve's 782 I have no doubt she will be on a tractor plowing someday. And Steven III was grabing at the hydro control lever on at least one round while riding shotgun with Steve. :eek:)

Here's a couple more "artsy" night plowing photos:

27164.jpg

27165.jpg

Latest posts

Back