• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How much Snow ya got ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember those days on the farm in Minnesota. Blow the driveway clear so the milk truck and get in. Make sure it's still clear when he leaves. Early days it was a Ford 961 with a heat houser, not so fun. Upgraded to a Ford 9600 with a heated cab in the '70s, much warmer.

I remember those days on the farm in Minnesota. Blow the driveway clear so the milk truck and get in. Make sure it's still clear when he leaves. Early days it was a Ford 961 with a heat houser, not so fun. Upgraded to a Ford 9600 with a heated cab in the '70s, much warmer.

My grandfather was a milk hauler for many years and my dad still is. Here in Michigan most haulers have gone to 8 axle trailers hauling over 100,000 pounds of milk when fully loaded so a clear driveway to and from the milk house can be greatly appreciated and also important.
Screenshot_20220305-083431~2.png

Charlie, that's impressive!
IH_Thumbs_UP_WHITE-SMALL.jpg

We still have a little over a foot of snow on the ground. It rained for hours last night and there's a coating of ice on everything. My big White Pine took a beating it's lost several branches already, one came down while I was out looking things over and taking photos. :(

Broken White Pine_01.jpg

This is the one that came down while I was looking.

Broken White Pine_02.jpg

It's sure is pretty though.

Crab Apple:

Icy Crab Apple_01.jpg

Amur Maple:

Icy Maple_01.jpg

Curly Willow:

Icy Curly Willow_01.jpg

Mugo Pine:

Icy Mugo Pine_01.jpg

Tomato Cages:

Icy Tomato Cages_01.jpg

Kraig, I love the specific trees, then the tomato cages. You made me laugh out loud.

Snow, what snow? Y'all can have it.
I got my seat time in today, but it was not pushing snow. I was flipping dirt! 71 degrees here, and supposed to be over 80 tomorrow. :cubwinker:
It sure is nice to physically feel like doing a little work for a change. Been a good day today.

DSCF0729.JPG

DSCF0746.JPG

These roots were no match for my 128 and Brinly plow! :errrr:

DSCF0740.JPG

Marty, so glad to hear that you are feeling better! Wow, 71° today, and 80° tomorrow ! I think I'm still a few months away from temperatures anywhere near that warm.

We got around 4" of snow overnight. The ice had mostly melted by the end of yesterday.

A few yrs ago some Canadian friends who owned a fishing camp in Northern Ont. used to come south to winter in the U.P. .They said it was warmer with less snow...I guess ya' gotta' live it to know it...

A few yrs ago some Canadian friends who owned a fishing camp in Northern Ont. used to come south to winter in the U.P. .They said it was warmer with less snow...I guess ya' gotta' live it to know it...
There's areas up here that absolutely get hammered with snow. Calumet, Ironwood, and Munising are the typical winners. They usually get around 50-100 inches more per year than I do. They usually take turns on who gets dumped on. I got more snow than I need, but those guys get hammered. Then, we call Escanaba the banana belt, they usually don't get near the cold, or a 1/3 of the snow. And the eastern U.P. just sucks, not much snow and bitter cold nearly all the time. But the U.P. as a whole, NEEDS snow. Our hotels, bars, restaurants, gas stations, and repair facilities all depend on it to make money. The amount of tourists up here in the winter is staggering. We rely on snow, the same as a farmer in Iowa, or southern Michigan, relies on the rain.

Latest posts

Back