• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How do U get rid of ground moles?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ryan if you ever chew wrigley spearmint gum save a pack and insert sticks of gum randomly all through his tunnel system, they hate it weve gottne rid of them that way before...in case you don't buy that if you need to keep deer out of your garden get a bag of hair clippings from your barber and spread a few around the garden every few days, you probably won't even see a deer

Fellas,
Thanks for all the further suggestions and shared experiences!
thumbsup.gif

Lyle B.,
Thanks for sharing your future plan. I was planning to pull a composite soil sample or two from various locations of my yard then test it for nutrient content; Nitrogen, Phosphate, Potassium (potash) and pH level. Once those components were determined then obtain and the appropriate balance of fertilizer to add. I has hoped to add some 'fall fertilizer' to my yard yet this year, but with snow flakes in the air this AM, I don't see that happening as I think I've run outta Fall time...

Luther H.,
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather try to get the moles out of my yard WITHOUT the use of any poisons/insecticides - just yet. If I can get them gone with the application of soil nutrients that may be beneficial to the grass,,,,then I've been able to do two things at once.

Jason C.,
I've heard of that trick, but it would likely take about a wheelbarrow load of gum sticks to 'treat' all the mole tunnels my yard had this past Summer.....

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Forget the chemicals! Buy a good hoop trap and learn how to set it in the mole's common run. You can determine this by walking them all down then check back and see which one opens up first. I have been very effective against the moles in my yard with this trap and also the pitch fork. Some old neighbors of mine told me of this method and it works. Walk the runs down then check back to see where the runs are coming back. If you look close you will see the ground moving where the mole is digging. Use a pitch or potato fork to stab in on top of the mole and kill the varmint! In a two month period a few years back, I killed 8 moles by these methods. The mole activity seemed to cease. I thought maybe I wiped out the family. Then a few months later the moles were back. It's a constant battle. Good luck!

I have found the springloaded traps that clamp them in half work the best. I have killled many a mole with mine. Just don't leave it in tall grass and hit it with the mower. Ouch.

I bought mine at Gemplers for $30 or so.

Back