• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How do U get rid of ground moles?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwilke

displayname
Ryan D Wilke
Sure,,,, I could do a google search and
read all about moles,,,
what they do for fun,,,
how many babies they have,,,
why they all want to live in my yard,,,,,,

But instead, I'd like to hear from you guys
help.gif
just how you move them out & keep them out of your yards!

Thanks in advance - again, Guys!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Moth balls always works for me. The neighbor laughed at me a few years ago until the little buggers came to his house. Now guess who used moth balls to get rid of them!
biggrin.gif

If your really infested, get something to kill all the grubs and other dirt critters and the moles wioll leave.

Geeez, you Cub Cadet guys aren't using your snoodle...just attach a hose to the exhaust pipe of your Cub Cadet, insert other end into the mole tunnel, crank the engine and guess what???
explotar2jr.gif

Myron B

Myron - I did that one night to a huge hornet nest.

I just let my dawg dig bigger holes and catch'em ;)

Charlie - Your idea may work, but how do you catch enough moths, and how long does it take to castrate them?
yikes.gif

(You remember the old joke: "Have you ever smelled moth balls? How'd you get their tiny little legs apart?")
joker.gif

Sorry - I couldn't resist.

Ryan: Go to your good farm store and buy a bag of grub killer. What I like to do is mow and spread it on the outside 3 or 4 rounds of the yard. This kills the grubs from coming into your yard. No grubs-------no moles.

Works very good for me!

Pops

In order to catch the mole you must first think like a mole..............
war.gif

Ken-
I've been dealing with Pocket Gophers too much this spring to be watching Caddy Shack.
56729.jpg

Art,
Have you had good luck with that?
How many pocket gophers have you 'nailed' with that trap?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan-
The trap works well, but you have to shove a short tube in the end of the tunnel after you put the trap there or the (damn!) gophers will get to *just* before the trap and start backfilling the hole you dug out, thereby covering the trap with dirt and not getting caught.

58578.jpg

58579.jpg

You can either make friends with the locals, or import from the southwest...

UPDATE:
Well, I was told that my soil was a tad acidic (due to my oak & maple tree leaves) and that I should add some lime to the soil. So, I bought a spreader and a ton of lime and preceeded to spread it on my yard. The recommended application rate was 50#/1000sq.ft., which means I was a little short considering I covered about 2 acres of mowed yard with it.

Nevertheless, hopefully, by Spring the lime will have dissolved into the soil and altered the soil pH enough to deter the grubs from wanting to live in my yard, thus, the moles which feed on the grubs won't hang around since their food source has moved on (probably to the neighbors' yard). I'll try to recall to report back here next Spring/Summer with a full report regarding if the lime application was a success or failure in ridding my yard of moles. .....Cheers!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

When I moved here my back yard was nothing but thick nice to walk on barefooted moss. I spread lime heavily on it and got rid of it (kinda wish I hadn't) but it did nothing for the moles. I had those BIG moles plus the little normal sized ones ... still do and I've limed it every 2-3 years. I would have kept the moss but the dogs would tear up big patches of it when they ran.

... anyway - Good Luck !

My Ruger 10-22 and 12 ga work Really good and the 85 pound yellow lab ain,t to bad either (if I can get him off the couch).
explotar2jr.gif
Course a little T-N-T works great too. "FORE".

Ryan- On the mole situation, I put down 2 ton each fall on 2 1/2 yard. (Lot of clay) In early spring, try 36% nitrate of soda. Spread thin and it needs water soon after to avoid "burning" the grass. Nitrogen will burn the creeper critters also. As mentioned, go clear out to the edge of yard. They also like to winterover where you have used mulch. Good luck!
coffee.gif

I had Night crawler worms invade my lawn,and so came the moles. I used granual insecticide on the lawn and the Moles went away.Don't remember the name of it. It came from Farmers Co-op. Just my 2c.
Luther

Latest posts

Back