• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How Cold Is IT?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just 16 below here in western Wisconsin. Currently -6 degrees.

Nice generator you have there Charlie. I hope your power turns back on soon.

I got to experience the Packers-Vikings game at Lambeau Field on Saturday night in the cold temps in the single digits above zero. It was cold watching the game, really cold! I have 5 layers of clothing on.

16 above and we're headed for zero "they" say.. I awoke to the sound of a drip... checked the sink, nope. it was very faint. But, I can hear it, drip.... drip... I follow the sound but it ends at a wall. Put my ear against the wall but I don't hear much. Run into the basement and yep, we've got water on the foundation wall. Not a lot of water so I figure it can keep til I get home from work. Spend most of the day wondering in the back of my head where I'd find this mess.

So I knock a few holes but can't see exactly where this water is dripping from. Well long story short I finally find a leaky fitting on the baseboard heater in the downstairs bathroom.

So, I now have 4 sections of wall board to repair/replace and it's to cold to shut down the heating system to remove the baseboard to resolder a crappy fitting joint!

Mike, ugh! That sucks. But I suppose it could have been much worse, like a leaking roof due to ice dams or failing shingles.
icon_eek.gif

....too dang cold to try out my new rifle!!!!

Steve, umm, we're gonna need details on the new rifle... Oh, and:

worthless.gif

Mike,

Yes, it could be worse.
Your wife could be asking/nagging you every little bit; "have you got it fixed yet?"
icon_eek.gif
err.gif

Steve is probably out riding that new rifle around in his new truck!
lol.gif

She's been a good sport about it Marty.. but I think it's self serving 'cause she knows the heaters gonna be off and drained for me to resolder the joint.. she don't like being cold!
biggrin.gif

Frank,

That's close.
It has a heavy barrel without any sights.

I hunt with a CZ 527 American in .221 Fireball.

Didn't mean to leave a . before the 221, the bullet is actually .224" dia. and the caliber is 221.

New CZ 527 Varmint in .223 with Weaver 6.5x20x44 AO scope....

318898.jpg

Spent some time yesterday making a new cordless tool holder for over the tool box, cleaned up some clutter and gave me back 2 tool box drawers....

318900.jpg

318901.jpg

Well, here it comes:

318936.jpg

The Cyclone Bomb of 2018. Just starting, here. Hoping Mike Frade checks in.

Frank-I live about an hour west of Mike Frade I got over a foot,i believe that the storm started off as rain in his neck of the wood,maybe mike can correct that

I'm here guys! Just got home from work, when I left at 6 am it was just starting to rain with some snow mixed in. by 6:30 it was full snow and at least an inch per hour. By noon it had quieted down and thankfully so, the winds were just awful, a tree limb narrowly missed crushing my car as I drove under it! A friend cleared my drive and since the temps are falling quick that foot of snow won't move for months!

Mike-I’d heard also that there were some power outages in acushnet...you weren’t part of those were you???(I’ve looked up your location in your profile...hope you don’t mind)I got about 16 inches.i live in coastal Rhode Island it was all snow from the getgo

It's been -12 to -15 in Central IL this week......cold for us that's for sure!

Latest posts

Back