• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How Cold Is IT?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen, you're always good for a chuckle.

Charlie, thought of you today. We've head a steady southerly breeze blowing for at least the last three days. I left work tonight at midnight, walked across the parking lot twice (forgot my keys), and still didn't have to put a jacket on, let alone bring in the Brass Monkeys.
smile.gif

Groundhog Day 2017: Winter Is (Still) Coming Punxsutawney Phil Says

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

A large crowd turned out to see Punxsutawney Phil on Groundhog Day Thursday, waiting to learn if the animal saw his own shadow on Gobbler's Knob. Phil was in an unusually feisty mood — but once he settled down, he saw his own shadow, officials deemed.

As aficionados of the annual ritual will know, that means we're in for six more weeks of cold weather — and as the prediction was read out in in Punxsutawney Pa., a sign was held aloft reading, "We love Old Man Winter."

But other groundhogs did not concur with Phil's assessment. In particular, Staten Island Chuck — owner of the highest accuracy rating (at 80 percent) among prognosticating rodents — informed a New York audience that we would see an early spring. And to the north in Nova Scotia, Shubenacadie Sam concurred with Chuck.

We'll note that Sam seems to have the most polished media presence among his peers: When the door to his little house slid open this morning, he quickly emerged and sprinted across his snowy enclosure, delighting the crowd.

It was the 131st time Punxsutawney Phil has shared his meteorological ideas with a grateful nation, and this time around, the information was hard-won: his eponymous day seemed to sneak up on Phil, and despite more than an hour of loud music and the adoring shouts of human admirers that preceded the sunrise event, his handlers had to grapple with the groundhog so he could have his moment in the sun (or shade).

Phil's rambunctious behavior could be interpreted as a sign that he's connected to a larger animal collective conscious — one that might recall that in olden times, the Gobbler's Knob celebration included eating the star rodent, as NPR intern Cecilia Mazanec reports.

"But as Phil rose in popularity, he moved off the menu," Cecilia notes.

The event in Punxsutawney is a party, with officials wearing top hats on stage and many in the audience wearing groundhog hats made of brown fleece. For the record, it was around 30 degrees at the event this morning.

To awaken the groundhog, the crowd chanted "Phil! Phil! Phil! Phil!"

The door on his tree-trunk lair was unlocked. And then, on the count of three, his handlers (wearing protective gloves that they would sorely need) brought Phil out.

"He's squealin', he's hollerin'!" the emcee said, before concluding, "Phil is feisty!"

The animal, known in his hometown as "the seer of seers," was then displayed to the crowd before being placed on a stump to determine whether he might see his own shadow. An official decree was then read aloud, declaring our cold future.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Having a neighbor across the street with a .410, and a grey fox with an auxiliary den just below my garage I don't have groundhogs. I've happily traded a weather forecast for an unmolested garden.

Well, except for the Deer, Racoons, and Ravens.

It is 84 degrees in Crawford, TX and I saw my first flock of Geese headed north today. We may get one more cold snap(for us) this year, only about 35. It thundered in February and it should frost in April (old wives tale), but it usually happens. I have a peach tree and pear tree that has already bloomed and both have green leaves. Hope everyone is doing ok with the crazy weather we have had this year.

Charlie, temperature wise, that looks like perfect weather to me. I don't like hot weather. But then I do like to garden and the tomatoes and peppers like a bit more heat... at least there's no snow in that forecast.
happy.gif

Yea well the 38 degrees we had this morning is a bunch of crap!!!!!!!!
You gotta be a real moron to live in this place!

Charlie, it's been colder than normal here too. It was 48* this morning and has dipped into the upper 40's several times this month. Weird weather.

Nebraska had a storm that was worse that one. so bad they had to bring out plow trucks. xD think it was like 6 inches of hail. at the time I was like 13 and at my friends house. playing video games then we looked outside then it looked like it snow.

So has anyone but me fired up the furnace this week!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr

We actually had 39 degrees 2 nights in a row in this hell hole!

And a high of 59 so far today!

Charlie,

Fired up the furnace?!!!
I wish I had some of that cool air here.
It is still hot and humid here. I tried to work on my cubs a little today. Got hot and quit.
I have about three more months to go before I cut any heat on.
err.gif

Actually a couple weeks ago my furnace started about 4 am. I came down and could smell that "warm dust" scent and opened the basement door to hear the furnace running. I flipped the thermostat to "OFF" , it ain't time for that yet!

With the rain and now cooler weather I can finally start working on things around here again. Not cold enough to fire up the furnace yet thankfully.

36 below this morning!
Power went out at 4:30, Came back on at 6:30, Went out at 6:40, been on generator ever since, LOL
Good thing I've got a beast for a generator.
318855.jpg

Back