• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How Cold Is IT?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
321401.jpg

Yesterday another 108 record. We need a "Low" to push out this "High", till it does we can expect more of this. For some reason the humidity is lower than usual and it helps some. It was like this when I was growing up in the 50's and 60's and we didn't have air conditioning in our house till I think about '63. My grandparents lived on 6000 acres with nothing but prairie and maze and corn and no A/C and I spent a lot of time there and it was always 105 in the shade but I enjoyed being out there. I spent a lot of time at the creek that ran through the place and it was cooler sometimes.

Was in San Francisco and the wine country a couple of weeks ago and it was mid 60's, I just came in from one place fixing fence and putting up electric fence and it was getting hot, 113 degrees at our airport. Too d**n hot.

So, Charlie's kind of warm and everyone else is cooking.

Here in NC it's wet, warm, and perfect for the garden. I can't forget the grass...it will be growing again at warp speed so...

Our temps are only in the high 80s (this week). When we get back to the normal July weather along with our normal humidity levels then we might be complaining too. And August is just around the corner.

Tell 'em Marty!

Ever go in the bathroom while your wife is taking a hot shower, and the steam about takes your breath?
That is what it feels like here in NC, even with the temps in the upper 80's.

We're halfway through summer. C'mon October!!!
Every morning when I watch the weather, the humidity is at 100%. Feels more like 120%.
irritated.gif

Wayne,
You must be getting more rain than I am.
I have only had three tenths in two weeks.
That was this Sunday, and my grass is just turning back to green.

I take that back. I just looked, and I have another 3/10 in the gauge!
I may get to mow for the first time in three weeks.
err.gif

I noticed this week that my headlights stay on through my whole commute to work. Good Bye Summer, hello fall! My grass is so dry that it crunches when I walk on it. Needless to say no cub time! 8-(

Mike,

Summer may be gone where you are, but it's definitely not gone here in NC!

Tell em' Wayne!
lol.gif

My grass looks like straw in places. Need to mow the high spots down to make it look kind of normal. Summer is definitely here and staying for a while. The 114 yesterday was all time record dating back to 1901 (when they started keeping records). Send some snow or any moisture except hail.

I'm guessing we have a member or two living in Arizona where it experienced record heat yesterday...116*. That's simply unbelievable. I know it's a dryer heat but 116*???? I really feel for outdoor pets and livestock in weather like that.

Digger, please put up a big fan and send some of that cool air down here to central Texas, it is only 103 today from 114 yesterday. I have been watching the cattle to make sure they have plenty of water and stay in the shade. Two ponds with water but they are going down and worry about them getting stuck in the mud. Been there and have had to pull some out of mud before.

Digger, send that straight down I-35, I'm about 15-20 miles off of it. Enjoy the coolness.

Marty, not gone. But it's not as long a day as it was. With the headlights staying on for my whole commute, it's more noticeable is all.

The wife and I spent a few years in Alamogordo New Mexico, about an hour north of El Paso TX., it would get to 110 each summer. Yes it was a dry heat but never lay your arm out the car door while driving!!

My and my neighbors yards are the color of burlap...I haven’t had to cut my grass since the beginning of June needless to say I haven’t needed the services of the 125 to cut the grass yet my push mower has done just fine....H3LL I aught to just take the deck off at this point

71 deg right now in IL.....yup Charlie, you win......and I'm glad you do!....as much as I hate the heat, 40s in August is a bit cool!

Charlie, I spent last week at a resort up in your neck of the woods when it was in the low 50's. Too dang cold for July. On the other hand, it's just matter of timing; those temps would feel pretty good in February!

Latest posts

Back