• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hay equip. where to start?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I cut about 14 acres of dense timothy/alfalfa/rye mix with an old Case 830D pulling a New Holland 495 haybine. It is a 12' wide cut and it will produce a serious swathe of hay - so large, it can be tough to bale with my NH 273 square baler. Right now, I've got about four acres left standing...thinking about cutting this afternoon. I use a Kubota L3130 to bale and tow a full-size hay wagon behind it. My son pulls the bales off the chute and stacks...then he and I stack them in the barn. Did 700 bales Sunday.

Kraig, I do like all that hay, thats going to make alot of bales. It looks like it was cut a few days ago but also gives the appearence that it may have seen some rain
sad.gif

Jeff, just saw an ad in a farm related flyer...
New Holland 268 SmallSquare Bailer W/thrower. Good working condition, ties great. $1500.
Other news, if you had an interest, it's in western N.J. just a couple miles past PA. I posted really so you might get an idea of prices.
dunno.gif

Neighbor just finished baling 600 bales of mixed grass/alfalfa (heavy crop) with an 806 and well used IH #47....made good solid bales.

His very tired NH Haybine worked hard to cut it, and suffered from a tired drive line (cost him a u-joint on a tight turn).

drool.gif
ihrotate.gif

How many acres was that 600 on??

5-6 acres, mixed patches between houses.

my first cut this year was 125 bales grass/clover on 2.5 acres, I did have the row gator out with pot ash, dap, and urea after I cut it.

Those are really cool, but price wise I am almost better off with a used full size setup.

Money is going to keep me from my own setup for a while, My guy is going to do my second cutting to day.

still considering buying my own, My hay guy was too busy to cut and rake so he had me do it on his equipment. He is a A/C guy and I must admit I enjoyed his D17 for cutting and raking.

Jeff
Along with age comes wisdom, heck some of us are old enough and wise enough to like green tractors!

Jeff,
While I'm not a huge AC fan, I'd have to agree with ya. My buddy has a D17 and they are handy tractors. I don't mind running his at all. But alas, bigger tractors in my shed are IH. The old 560D is sitting out there lonely, with an old Farmall M soon to join it. No pics?
happy.gif

Well I am going to start saving hard for my own stuff, we did get 120 bales on our first cut, 5 shy of last years first cut.

And the A/C was easy going but Ill look for IH

297097.jpg

297098.jpg

Jeff,
Thanks for sharing the pics. You look right at home on the D17.
blush.gif
Went to an auction today and watched a farm fresh WD45 sell for $600. Ran great. Also had a D17 with wide front end and loader. Didn't watch it sell. Like I said before, AC's aren't bad tractors, especially the D17 era. If your looking for IH, I bet you'd be happy with a nice 560.

a 560 is what I am going to look for as soon has my piggy bank fills.

will a 560 take a sickle if I cant afford a haybine

Latest posts

Back