• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Finally did the Supersteer upgrade

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswartz

displayname
Randy Swartz
Well, I finally did the Supersteer upgrade on my 1711. I used the front axle and components from an 1863. I did have to make a few minor modifications, but it worked out great. You can see the increase in the front axle width in the first photo. This axle raised the front end of my tractor by about 1" and the wheels are also swept forward by about 1" over original. I like the beefier ball joints. The original ones had a 3/8-24 thread. The new ones are 1/2-20. I needed to make the hole in the bottom of the steering arm larger, but did not realize it was hardened. Since a drill would not work, I just used a stone in my air tool. I also replaced my steering column while I was at it. I was not able to get all of the play out of my original one. When I got into disassembling the old one, I found a piece of radiator hose around the bottom of the steering column. When I took the hose off, I found what you see in the bottom photo. I'm assuming that the original owner had a driveshaft issue at some point. I see now why I couldn't get all the play out. Have any of you ever seen this before? Anyway, I'm happy with my mod and wanted to share it with you guys. I'm sorry for the way these photos go across the page instead of down. This is the first time I've uploaded pics and apparently did something wrong. If anyone knows how I can correct this, please let me know and I will edit this post.

153268.jpg

153269.jpg

153270.jpg

153271.jpg

153272.jpg

153273.jpg

Randy, Good looking Cub. Nice job on the super steer. OUCH! on the steering gear tube, I bet that made a loud noise when it happened...

I fixed the photos for you. When you post photos enter the text for each photo on a separate line, I like to put a blank line between each photo as well. So the text would look something like this:

image{photo 1}

image{photo 2}

Note that I left the backslash character out of the format code string so that the text would display.

Thanks, Kraig - for the compliments and for fixing the photos.

Latest posts

Back