• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dump trailers

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry B. a while back I saw a scissor jack for lifting cars at WalleyWorld. It was 12 volt with a "kind of" remote in the wire to the cigarette lighter. Dont know if it would really work, but its a thought.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Hey Don T
Your follow up to my comment was very interesting. I know what you mean. But the question about the daughter or wife...I hope you meant the girl next to the fence.
angry.gif
. On a serious note, that girl in the photo works at the farm. I took a group of ill kids to a real nice farm where they got to ride a horse drawn wagon and feed the various animals from buckets. Last Friday I posted when in a "stir it up" mood. Never had moods before I hit 50?? I'm as much a fan of fab work as anyone. You guys keep up the good and interesting work.

TERRY B. - Think I mentioned in a prior post that Dad had a big scissor hoist under one of his wagons that used a bottle jack for power and the scissor mechanism used leverage to increase the lift range many times over the jack's lift range. He only used that wagon sparingly until he put a hyd. hoist like the one Steve patterned his hoist after under that wagon.

I think maybe a better and safer plan might be to use a long 12V "linear actuator" similar to the elec. lift on a CC 147 mounted verticle to the front of your cart lifting the frt directly. It really doesn't take much force to dump a cart when the box pivots close to the center like Don's dump cart. I think Northern Tool has them in their master catalog.

It's only when you try to have hoists lift boxes or beds that pivot very close to the back like Steve's wagon or my cart where you need a L-O-T of lifting force and range.

THAT hay rack would look SO COOL behind Curt Smith's scale 826. STEVE - Can't wait to see the pic's of it done!

Done!!!!

216071.jpg

216072.jpg

216073.jpg

216074.jpg

216075.jpg

216076.jpg

216077.jpg

The 782 (at idle, so as not to wake the neighbors) picked my 250# butt up without even trying.....Monica recorded the "smile of sweet success" before she let me down
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
I need to get 4 or 5 of the neighbors to sit on the front edges of the rack and see what it will pick up!!!

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)

NICE trailer and looks even better painted. I would like to see a better picture of the steering set up you have on the front axle. How does it track behind your tractor?does just the force of the tractor make the wheels on the trailer turn.?

I would love to build another trailer that would connect to my 3 point and have swivel wheels on the back. It would be slick to back up and dump fire wood down the slide in my basement entrance. I do like your idea on the lift and now can copy that idea. I have a 2" x 16" cylinder here that now I can find a use for . I like your idea and think a shot stroke cylinder will give lots of lift.
worthy.gif

STEVE B - Your scale Midwest hoist looks "Factory" Liked your "stress test"

I'm always hesitant to have my wife help me with things involving tractors, loaders or dump carts, and hydraulics. I mean she's REALLY good with equipment and has run all my CC's except the 70. But I always get a little scared when she has access to controls that can raise me up into tree branches, rafters or ceilings in the garage or shop, and especially the trip lever for the buckets on the loaders. I'm scared the urge to get even or get back at me for something I said or did would just get the better of her at my expense.

DONALD - If you look right behind the frt axle in the top two pic's you'll see the tierods that steer the frt wheels of the running gear. They attach to the pivoting bracket the tongue of the gear attaches to and when the tongue pivots in a turn the frt wheels turn accordingly. Normally on new running gears like Steve's with everything still new & tight wagons will trail perfectly straight behind a pulling vehicle when they're empty or loaded. But after years of use & neglect they will get a mind of their own, especially when empty and occasionally start "whipping" if pulled too fast. It's not uncommon to see wagons pulled by pickups whip side-to-side 2-3 feet once they start whipping and all you can do is try to slow down. It's especially bad on rough roads where the lightly loaded tires start bouncing over the bumps.

Steve, WOW what an amazing job you did. That sure is pretty. How about a photo of you flanked by the kids setting along the front edge?
happy.gif

STEVE,
Did you build the running gear also?
If not, where can a person find them?
IT ALL LOOKS FANTASTIC.
GREAT JOB!
rodsmith

Thanks for the comments! Needless to say I was very pleased with the final result. Since those pics were taken I added a hose support to the wagon tongue to clean up the hose routing.

I did not make the gear. Kory Mfg. (Manlius, IL) makes the running gears.

They can be ordered at Farm & Fleet, or from your local "short line" ag dealer. Most of their products are geared toward bigger wagons (forage boxes, gravity boxes, etc), but the do make a line of small gears (3000#) for nursery and industrial use.

Don T.

Wagon gears with steering front axles are usually referred to as "automotive steering". In fact using the term "wagon gear" or "running gear" almost exclusively implys "automotive steering". Trailer and cart are used for common non-steering implements. EX: "Grain cart"

As Denny explained, they steer and trail well when tight and adjusted (just like your tractor or car), but can "fish tail" all over the place otherwise!!

Steve-
That looks FANTASTIC! I love the big-grin on your face as your literally sitting on your work.

Now we need some "action" shots of you using it...

Capacity test on Thanksgiving Day.....3ea. 240-260# people sitting on the front edge and 2ea. 200# people standing in the center and my 782 with ~800# of charge pump pressure picked them up!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)

Glade to see the test was done and the results were good. That is a great looking trailer . nice job !
thumbsup_old.gif
Thanks for sharing

Latest posts

Back