• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dump trailers

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Progress....

215607.jpg

215608.jpg

215609.jpg

215610.jpg

Progress pictures.....hoist is tacked up and ready for mock-up on the wagon.

215831.jpg

215832.jpg

215833.jpg

215834.jpg

215835.jpg

215836.jpg

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)

looking at your cylinder at the end(top), do plan spacers to keep the cylinder centered ? Will you be adding some more steel at the bottom of the cylinder so you don`t bend the mounting bracket? I had to add another piece of steel to my lift bracket as a full load of stone was bending the support. I`am good now I hope. later Don T

Don,

Thanks for the comments. Yes, the bottom does get reinforced, it's just tacked up for "fit and function" tests now.

There should be room for a 2nd piece for 1-1/4" box and upper/lower gussets between the 3/4" rod and the existing cross brace.

I know that a ton of work is involved with the projects on this forum but I just gotta say (even knowing I will be misunderstood). I like the original factory options and implements. Like a trailer that I have to get off the tractor to unlatch and lift by hand. But the work you all do making these parts and projects is awesome!!

Next, Steve, I'd paint that bright yellow with black lines to warn the cats and kids to stay away when in operation. Chop chop.
tomato.gif

Dual hydraulics...not just for your snow blade anymore!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

STEVE - That hoist is going to be MUCH more useful than you have ANY idea of.
thumbsup.gif

Mike LaMar
Is that your wife or your daughter over your right shoulder in your profile???? I learned to love my Cubs for what was intended of there use. They amaze me and create a smile on me.I know wish I would have made the leap earlier and bought a new one just so I could use it, not abuse it. I`am the guy that has everything I bought Kept in great shape. I think IF you want it, keep it to use any time. I`am having the time of my life with my Cubs, repairing and using them for what they were made for.
old.gif

Mike LaMar
Is that your wife or your daughter over your right shoulder in your profile???? I learned to love my Cubs for what was intended of there use. They amaze me and create a smile on me.I know wish I would have made the leap earlier and bought a new one just so I could use it, not abuse it. I`am the guy that has everything I bought Kept in great shape. I think IF you want it, keep it to use any time. I`am having the time of my life with my Cubs, repairing and using them for what they were made for.
old.gif

More progress pictures....

Hoist is mounted on running gear and tested for fit (perfect), function (as-installed dumps to 52 deg!!!), and mount design (rigid to gear, slotted for deck/box twist at upper mount.

215890.jpg

215891.jpg

215892.jpg

215893.jpg

Now I just need to tear it all down, finish weld, and make it look pretty!!! I need to measure the hoses tomorrow so I can get them made and do a real test with some weight on it!!!!

STEVE ALL I can say is WOW!
greenthumb.gif
Hoist looks factory made. VERY sharp! Great job!

I don't doubt for a second that the hoist will lift ANYTHING you can put on the wagon bed.

COOL...VERY COOL!

Thats cool Steve, nice work. You don't happen to have the rest of the tire you used on the big wagon reach, do you?

Dave,

No, but I do have an old jounce bumper that I took off of my truck when I installed the air bags...it made a great little hoist rest!!!!

You can see it in a few of the "under" pictures...

Steve,
I dont think your bales will slide off with the back rack on.
clappy.gif

I have a 2 wheel dump cart with a manual release. I don't have a hydraulic port I can use so I was thinking about using 12vdc. I was thinking about using a scissor lift for dumping. Like the ones you see stabilizing RV's. All I need is a 12vdc motor with gear reducer attached.

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow"

I wish you could have built and posted pictures of that dump trailer before I built mine. Looks sharp and strong. Nice work
thumbsup_old.gif

Thanks Don,

Paint is drying as I type this and I pick up the hyd. hoses this evening. Either late tonight, or tomorrow morning it will be assembled and lifting under it's own hyd. power!!!!

Latest posts

Back