• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Differences between the 185 and 154

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Furlow

How would I be able to tell if I had a 185 with a 154 hood what are the distinct differences if anyone could tell me what the differences are that’d be awesome and if someone could provide pictures of the major differences that’d be above and beyond. Tia fellas

The 185 had a bigger carb usually a zenith and a bigger manifold they also had turning brakes and the clutch pedal was made of a casting instead of flat steel. The 154 had an IH carb and a manifold that was smaller. The 184 was just like the 185 except it was painted red had a 86 series grill and an electric pto instead of a mechanical pto.

A 184 came with a little more horsepower . They had a flywheel with teeth and a starter to match. The others had the delco starter generator belt
The 184 and 185 both had 18hp, the 154 had 15hp.

Latest posts

Back