• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

3206 Differences

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 18732

Hi all. First post here.

Just bought a used 3206. It's a little challenged in some ways but basically runs and operates well. Want to order some parts but I see a serial number break for the parts diagrams. Thing is, the serial number sticker on mine is basically smeared away so I can't tell if it's a 1J310G, or before ,or a 1K019G or after. Maybe the distinction is immaterial. I don't see any differences when I look at parts but then I am not going line for line to check.

Some attributes I can tell you are that it has the Kohler 20 and a cast iron final drive, part number 618-3209 & serial 1E50QQ10105. Are there any other tells that will help me? The guy I bought it from is one of those "put gas in it and run" types and had owned it six years... but didn't know what year it was. He didn't totally neglect it... changed the oil once a year, etc, but I see a lot of deferred repairs... such as the inop cruise control. Thanks. Jim Allen

Hi all. First post here.

Just bought a used 3206. It's a little challenged in some ways but basically runs and operates well. Want to order some parts but I see a serial number break for the parts diagrams. Thing is, the serial number sticker on mine is basically smeared away so I can't tell if it's a 1J310G, or before ,or a 1K019G or after. Maybe the distinction is immaterial. I don't see any differences when I look at parts but then I am not going line for line to check.

Some attributes I can tell you are that it has the Kohler 20 and a cast iron final drive, part number 618-3209 & serial 1E50QQ10105. Are there any other tells that will help me? The guy I bought it from is one of those "put gas in it and run" types and had owned it six years... but didn't know what year it was. He didn't totally neglect it... changed the oil once a year, etc, but I see a lot of deferred repairs... such as the inop cruise control. Thanks. Jim Allen
Hits the parts lookup and it spells out what's what for anything.
https://www.cubcadet.com/en_US/content-asset-page-includes/ari-partstream.html

Hits the parts lookup and it spells out what's what for anything.
https://www.cubcadet.com/en_US/content-asset-page-includes/ari-partstream.html
Everything is by year or serial number so it goes back goes back to the fact that I don't know the year or serial number of my unit because the tag is smeared away. Was hoping for something that listed a few identify characteristics and/or changes between the various serial numbers. Have not found anything like that so far. Thanks for the reply.

I found the Kohler manual for the engine. The serial number year prefix on mine is "30," which the manual indicated is a year 2000 engine. That gets me a little closer but the engine may have been built a year before the tractor.

Got a tidbit more from a buddy whose family owns a Cub Cadet dealership in MI. The big difference was a cast iron final drive that appeared starting November 1, 2000, production. From October 31 back, it was aluminum... and not as durable. He said the other breaks I found don't account for anything important.

Back