• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dave S. 104 restore

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking great!!!
drool.gif

Dave - I had made it a point to call you David since that's what shows on your user name posts (and even your e-mails). I just now noticed it shows Dave S in the thread title. I'll try to use just Dave from now on.

As for the rattle cans - under the right conditions I swear it's just as good as using a full blown sprayer.

Now I see my last message got a little screwed up but I was hoping you'd comment on that special tool I see. I know that's why your pics are always great. Nice clean shop, etc.

Parts I need have been located and are on the way!
Thanks for the lead, Marlin!
OK, is there a tool one can aquire to stake these little guys?
In the past I have just been mashing the threads w/a vice grip, seems to work, but hard to get a grip on them close to the shaft,

This mornings progress....

313336.jpg

313337.jpg

Dave I have 4 carbs I should send you! Man you do great work!

Yeah, Gotta get some, mine was all dried up.
This Cub will probably lead a life of leisure, I'm sure, with duty now and then pulling the #2 cart hauling spuds or Carolyn' garden stuff.
BTW, she already has the seed order, showed up the other day!!

Secret to getting something apart after using Loctite..... Use the Loctite primer spray that is used to help bond things. I found this out when at work I accidentally put the wrong spring seats on another part. Second day on the job. Everyone else wanted to use Vicegrip pliers which would have ruined the parts. Spray the primer o the pieces very liberally. Wait a few seconds and either use a chisel and hit the chisel with your fist or a small hammer. If threaded begin to turn back and forth. It took me less than twenty minutes to save the parts. Others said that it would take several hours.

Marlin, David,

Get a bottle of this, and you won't have to worry about primer or getting it back apart.
Just a little pressure, and the screw/nut will come right out/loose.
thumbsup.gif

313370.jpg

Geeze, it belongs here! Been a long day
blush.gif
blush.gif

NEWS FLASH........(dit, dit,di di di dit......
Just snagged an NOS grill for the little guy!!
Postman, please put a RUSH on it!!

To get Locktite out you heat it with a propane torch until it smokes then they come out

Michael,

The 242 Loctite does not have to be heated to remove the screw/nut.

Just a firm pressure with a good screwdriver/wrench will remove it.
thumbsup.gif

I also use it on my Harley. You don't want to heat custom chrome with a torch!
biggrin.gif

Dave- if you wanted it in a rush you were supposed to tell the seller to put "R M R" on the back of the big envelope. That means "RUN MAILMAN RUN!!!!!!!"

David,

I won't pick, I know how much work is involved!!!
Wish I were half as far along as you are.
Looks real good.
Aren't you going to put lights on it?

David S. I'm not going to complain. To me it's looking fantastic!!!! Keep up the great work.

Latest posts

Back