• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dave S. 104 restore

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping to shoot the rest of the yellow on Saturday assuming I can get the weights and a few other misc. pieces blasted tomorrow.

The skinny ags showed up yesterday and the new front tri ribs and wheels I'll pick up tomorrow as well as getting a quart of 902 white mixed at NAPA to shoot the hood, dash and wheels I got from Marlin last week.

Still need a correct seat, but I can use the really nice one from my 125 until I can find (yeah right!!!) another correct seat. Still no grill other than the metal lath one I posted earlier.

Will be ready for RPRU for sure if all goes well this weekend.

I'm still trying to track down the grille screen material. I know they still make it. Just need to find the supplier. And I'm on the lookout for a real nice OEM seat for Dave.
happy.gif

Getting closer every day now!!

Carolyn was good enough to get the seat cleaned up a bit. Looks better in the pic' than it actually is though. Really stained bad, Krud Kutter will hardly touch it. White shoe polish maybe?? White vinyl paint??? Anyone??
The fiberglass part is perfect as well as the blue piping. That's gotta be one of the prettiest seats ever on a GT.

Gonna have to repaint at least part of the S/G though. Couple bad runs right on top where the tag goes and almost no paint between the wire posts GGRRRRR! That was the side that was hanging down. I hate painting S/G's!!j

314146.jpg

314147.jpg

David - I can't hardly take it. Did you paint the coil and mounting bracket, or decide to leave them in their natural state?

Installed the S/G w/new belt & new coil (thanks Charlie)set the timing (static), installed the battery and the little fella fired right up!

Finished up setting the RPM's and adjusted the PTO and installed it along w/the (homemade) grill. Pending white painting for the wheels, hood and grill along w/placement of the rest of the decals and mounting tires, this little guy is about ready for RPRU where he will take his place along side the 126 I did last year.

Thanks for all the support guys!

Here Ya go Kraig!
I even added my NOS handle grip and new lock out button!
He even got a little bit damp for the pic's!
And, no, these are not the tires and rims that are gonna live on him.

314328.jpg

314329.jpg

Looking great!!!
happy.gif
I know the frustration of not being able to paint. It's getting ready to rain again here. No mowing lawn this weekend.

Dave--this little guy is looking great! Excellent work, I can't wait to see it in person some day...

Back