• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dave S. 104 restore

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see the finished Cub Cadet.
ihrotate.gif

A little more progress today, still waiting on tubes for the front wheels.

Ain't these skinny tires cute??
I do wish they were close towards the inside though. The rims are the correct part number for the 104 though according to the parts book.

I find my mind wandering towards duals now!!

314565.jpg

314566.jpg

David,

Put the right side wheel on the left, and the left side wheel on the right, and they will be closer in with the tread going the right way.
The wheel weights will cover the center of the rim, so they will look the same.

Looking good!
thumbsup_old.gif

David S. The 105 that my Ex girlfriend and I owned had the 6 x 12 rear tires. At first it look different but once it started getting used, I fell in love with the way it looked. It looks out of place right now with the wide fronts.

Marty, It was bad enough skinning up the paint to install the weights!!
thumbdown.gif

No, not really, I put them on before I mounted the wheels, whole lot easier to get them centered that way.

Question: I one were to go w/duals, do the weights get moved to the outside or do they stay on the inner tires?? I'm also thinking about fluid in them as well, somewhere along the line.

David, it's looking great! I don't think I'd want weights on the outboard rim of a dual setup. If the dual wheel spacers are long enough so that there's space between the rims you should be able to leave the weight on the inner rim. Also, you can mount weights on the inside of the rim. I have four weights on my Original.

314582.jpg

Thought about that also Kraig, but I only had one extra set of weights.

There was a guy in East Dubuque that had weights re-cast somewhere but last I heard he was no longer doing that for some reason. I bought 2 pair from him several years back. They are plain w/no numbers or logo, otherwise just like the real ones.

David,

Find you some yellow craft felt (Wally world has it), cut it out to fit, and glue it to the back of the wheel weights.
Then you can mount the weights to the rims without damaging the paint.
thumbsup_old.gif

P.S. You can put the weights on either side, but they are prettier on the outside.

Putting the finishing touches on the 104 Last Thursday before taking off for AJ's so e could get all wet!!!GGRRRRR

Me thinks I have an up and coming Cub Cadet nut in the making here!!

314934.jpg

David, great photo! He sure looks happy and your 104 looks great.
greenthumb.gif

David S. I bet he's thinking, "I sure love my Cub Cadet 104." Angel said he looks really happy on it. I agree.

David - that sure is a sweet looking 104, especially the current Operator. I see you got the hood lined up really good too.

104 is a show veteran now.
Displayed at RPRU for 3 days, lots of comments!
Here she is in our yard/garden
Next sow, Portage WI in July.
Enjoy my restoration tale!

315621.jpg

315622.jpg

That Is a beauty David! Can't wait to check it out in person at Portage! You created another masterpiece for your collection--great job!

David-

I agree with Joshua...it IS a beauty. The problem here is you're making my profile pic look tired or something of the like. My 104 is all original though and I got it from the family of original owners for $175. That was the stated price when I asked the big question...how much?

Nice job on the "veteran" show tractor. The harrow adds to the delight as well. I use that harrow every year and it even stays in the garden area all of the time. I removed the wheels and put another set of chisels in their place. I do have another same type harrow I have restored/painted which doesn't stay in the elements.

Latest posts

Back