• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dave S. 104 restore

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Let the fun begin!!

312008.jpg

312009.jpg

Dave, do I see creeper marks on the front of that axle!?

Oops! Gear reduction is open for viewing isn't it? I should have looked closer.

Earl, I had to open it up and remove the rails, poppets & springs that were rusted. Got em all polished up and put back together an it shifts nice n smooth now.

The tower is another story though, as is the clutch hanger and driveshaft are pretty well trashed. Probably why it was parked.
The hanger is a PO abortion! Going to beef it up and ad a bushing for the pivot pin w/a grease fitting. Already have a new drive shaft on hand as well as a new clutch disc that was a door prize from Charlie that I won at BCPD#1!!.

Looks like sand blasting the frame & big pieces will be out of the question for a few days/weeks what w/the lousy weather we have coming in starting tomorrow

312019.jpg

312020.jpg

I'm looking forward to following this journey Dave!
popcorn2.gif
. You got a heck of a table full of parts but there's a tractor in there for sure. Are you planning this to be a show tractor or are you thinking of doing a little plowing with this one?

Josh, Hopefully, it will get dirty at BC#3!!

Not going to be a 100% correct resto as it already has a WF front axle thanks to a PO somewhere along the line. The goal, at this point, is to get it presentable for RPRU. Maybe the incorrect front axle will not be noticed by some any way!!

It's off to the sandblaster today. I just called and he is working. Hopefully, I will have the stuff back in a day or so and can get some primer on them or at least have them inside & dry so rust won't be an issue. Spring can't get here at too soon to suit me!

David S. I have a narrow front but it has a couple of small pulley notches on it. It's free if you want it. It'll take a couple of days to get some pictures though. Between the weather and my sinuses, I'm beat when I get home.

Marlin, nice offer!
greenthumb.gif
Keep in mind that he will need narrow frame spindles as well.
happy.gif

I'd just have to take them off the 125 frame in my garage....

Kraig M. Oops... forgot about those. However if anyone else should need a narrow frame front axle, It's the same for them. Free plus shipping.

David S. I'm sure going to try to make BC3 this spring. Since I don't have a trailer it'll be a tough decision of which Cubbie to bring. I should probably use the 125 since it is my first Plow Day tractor.

Marlin, Doubt it will be in the spring, not even 100% sure it will happen in the fall, just hoping at this point, real hard too.

I have a 125 axle but the spindles are junk, I'll just leave the WF axle on it for now.
Thanks guys!

Back