• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dave S. 104 restore

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's quick progress!!!
a_blink2.gif
icon_eek.gif

I say sir! You're moving rather quickly with this one!
Imagine a bad English accent.

Whenever I get to do a full resto, I believe that you have hooked me on sandblasting! Looking good Dave.

WOW!!! That's fast service for you. Want to do my 148 for me?
happy.gif
The 104 will be looking sharp in no time.

Earl F. Don't part the 125 yet. That little fella may have to come to Iowa and be refurbished.

Gonna be too darn cold again here today. A least I have all the bare stuff inside, dry and warm.
Will take the small stuff out into the other part of the shop 1 piece at a time and rattle can some primer on 'em, then bring them back in to dry.

Have a little repair work to do on the frame as there is a small chunk broken out of the lower flange on the rt front where the grill bolts to and the other corner is bent up some. Thinking about adding a small square of mat'l on the underside to reinforce that area.

If the sun ever decides to shine again, it usually gets nice and warm on the south side on the shop, I can then carry the frame out there to shoot a little primer on it. The yellow will have to wait a while I'm afraid.

Wooohooo Dave! Always fun to get the parts to that stage ready to prep and paint. I'm enjoying the progress so far!

Not much to show here lately. Been gathering parts for the engine controls and pto as well as electric lift pieces for the 147 I picked up last summer & bearings & cups for the 104 steering box, Thanks Charlie!!

Have the frame primed and ready to weld up some cracks and reinforce the front flange that had a piece torn out from someone hitting something with the grill. Going to weld a small plate on the underside there to beef it up some. Got most of the small stuff primed and ready for yellow.

Still looking for a nice flywheel screen. The jury is still out on the tower that is busted up where the clutch release lever fastens. I'll keep picking away at it waiting for warmer painting weather.

BIG step forward today!! 70* and squirting yeller, outside, in Iowa, in the middle of Feb!! Who'd a thunk it!!

Soon as I get the seals I can button up the rear and get it yellow than it's on to the hoods and dash. Still looking for a grass screen for the flywheel and a nice correct seat.

312978.jpg

312979.jpg

David,

Man, you are really moving on!
Looking good.
I take it there is no wind there. I haven't had a calm day like that yet.

I tried to prime my dash tower the other day, and a bloom out of a tree blew down and landed on it.
I was under the shelter, but it blew in anyway.
angry.gif

Plan on closing my mobile paint booth in Saturday, so I can get started on some pieces.

Wish I were retired like you so I could spend more time on my cubs.

Worked on the clutch today. Added a bushing and a grease fitting to the hanger. Should make for long term smooth clutch operation, I hope.
The release rod threads were toast, so a 6" piece of fine threaded rod welded to the stub solved that problem along w/a new spring from Charlie.
Paint is dry and looks good, still waiting on seals for the rear end yet.
Salvaged the neutral start switch from a 125 parts Cub along with the operating tab from this unit so should be ready to rock 'n' roll in that dept., soon as I get the new (thanks again Charlie!) wire harness installed.
I'll keep picking away it. RPRU here we come!!

312991.jpg

David,

Again, looking good!
Are those roll pins, or coiled spring pins in the clutch?
You probably already know it, the coiled spring pins hold up better.
happy.gif

David S - just what the "H" is holding the engine up????? I don't see a skyhook. I can see a part of a pipe - but if that's it I can't understand what the end of a pipe would connect to.
Ooh, and I agree with Kraig's comment too.

Matt, et al - while we're waiting for David to fill us in on his mounting method I noticed a key element to David's always great ship pics that I had been wondering about for some time. Upper left corner (almost) of the first pic shows a tool I knew he must use a lot. Tell-tale signs of using it are scattered across the black muffler shown on the 2nd pic.

Latest posts

Back