• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CUB 1450 OIL PAN

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, pulling that engine is super simple. 20-30 minutes. And while you're at it can clean everything out, inspect the rubber mounts, have easy access to replace the washer on the steering box with the Super steer upgrade... all good things to do if you gotta pull it out anyways. 👍👍

Tom, pulling that engine is super simple. 20-30 minutes. And while you're at it can clean everything out, inspect the rubber mounts, have easy access to replace the washer on the steering box with the Super steer upgrade... all good things to do if you gotta pull it out anyways. 👍👍

Hey PACub100 - ya it might be super simple and take 20-30 minutes for you or even me. Since Tom asked the question about removing the pan he obviously hasn't removed one of these engines before. For a first timer, I'd say it would take 2-3 hours, taking care to mark things and put things aside so you know where they go when you put them back. And getting at the engine mount bolts and the ISO-mount bolts is not necessarily real easy.

Just wanted Tom to know. It's not tremendously difficult in my view, but the first time you do one it does take some time.

Hey PACub100 - ya it might be super simple and take 20-30 minutes for you or even me. Since Tom asked the question about removing the pan he obviously hasn't removed one of these engines before. For a first timer, I'd say it would take 2-3 hours, taking care to mark things and put things aside so you know where they go when you put them back. And getting at the engine mount bolts and the ISO-mount bolts is not necessarily real easy.

Just wanted Tom to know. It's not tremendously difficult in my view, but the first time you do one it does take some time.
Excellent observation, Harry. It certainly took me a lot longer than 20-30 minutes the first time I did it. But don't let that scare you, Tom - if I can do it, anyone can!

Latest posts

Back