• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

102 seat pan advice

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Kirley

Hi all,
I have a near perfect 102 seat for my Cub Cadet 102. Unfortunately after a fluke mishap the seat pan became bent on one side and now the seat does not sit level from one side to the other. I have removed the seat from the tractor. In order to try to straighten the seat pan I want to know how difficult it is to remove the rubber part of the seat from the pan and then to put it back on after straightening the pan. I would prefer to try to work with the pan alone so as not to damage the rubber in the process. It looks like the blue metal band has to come first. I have never had one apart before.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Sean.

I am not 100% sure, but I think it comes off fairly easily after removing the band. Been a while since I refurbed one. Can look into it tomorrow.

I am not 100% sure, but I think it comes off fairly easily after removing the band. Been a while since I refurbed one. Can look into it tomorrow.
Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing from you. I thought about removing the blue band but am concerned that it might be really difficult to put it back on again.

Look in the front of the seat, and you will see how the band wraps around the rubber and frame. Gently bend the ends of the band outward and remove it from the seat. There is a bracket/rod in the middle front that also goes into the seat frame. After removing the band, the seat should come off fairly easy.

Back