• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Trans oil change

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I adjusted the forward /reverse speed to a happy medium. Trans was working fine before I did this. Then it would not move at all. So I adjusted it back to were it was & still won't go. What is the problem. I have tried everything?? I Did a complete fluid & filter change & other things . No luck.

I adjusted the forward /reverse speed to a happy medium. Trans was working fine before I did this. Then it would not move at all. So I adjusted it back to were it was & still won't go. What is the problem. I have tried everything?? I Did a complete fluid & filter change & other things . No luck.
First off, WELCOME! I have a few questions before I can offer any potential solutions to your transmission issues. What model Cub Cadet do you have? Did you do the fluid & filter change before or after the adjustment? What did you use for fluid? What filter did you use?

Bruce, FYI, the original posters questions were about a gear drive cub, not a hydro.
By all means, DO NOT USE 30 weight oil in your hydro.!!
I can only hole you did not!!

First off, WELCOME! I have a few questions before I can offer any potential solutions to your transmission issues. What model Cub Cadet do you have? Did you do the fluid & filter change before or after the adjustment? What did you use for fluid? What filter did you use?
I have a 2005 GT3000. I did the fluid change & filter after I couldn't get the tractor to go. Thanks for your response.

Bruce, FYI, the original posters questions were about a gear drive cub, not a hydro.
By all means, DO NOT USE 30 weight oil in your hydro.!!
I can only hole you did not!!
Thanks. I was told though that 30 wait hydraulic fluid was ok. Not motor oil. Is this correct?

If you don't have a local Cub Cadet dealer nearby, Charlie's Cub Cadet Specialties can fix you up with the correct Hydro oil.

Latest posts

Back