• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 106 Refurbish/Modification

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamundsen

displayname
Jim Amundsen
I got my 1969 Model 106 from a family in North Carolina a little over a year ago. They were the original owners. It ran fine, had some rust issues on the deck and missing a couple of parts, but all in all, a pretty solid machine. I tried mowing with it but quickly found out that the pulleys on the mule hanger were shot. Found a good usable one on the internet and figured that as long as I was working on that - well - why not refurbish the whole dang thing? Soooo, here it is 13 months later, and I am maybe 90% done. It was a long hot summer, too hot to work in the barn, so I put off finishing it (plus I picked up this cool International Cadet 60 and a Bolens or two to work on...you get the picture). I still need to finish rewiring it (wiring was pretty much rotten) and then assemble the front end, and I should be done. I decided to go with a stack (because I think they look cool AND it removes a huge heat source at the front of the tractor). While I was at it I relocated the voltage regulator to tool box and the ignition switch to the dash, plus replaced the cheesy seat with a seat pan I already had. Some painting changes as well. Here are the pictures of all this to date
309851.jpg

309852.jpg

309853.jpg

309854.jpg

309855.jpg

309856.jpg

309857.jpg

Jim,

Nice job on the 106!
greenthumb.gif

Are you referring to the seat in the top picture as the "cheesy seat"?
It appears that seat is the original seat. You could get that seat redone by a local auto upholsterer for a reasonable cost. That would really make the refurbish look super nice.
thumbsup.gif

The original seat recovered would be a whole lot better on your rear than that hard pan seat.
lol.gif

Nice little gear drive tractor! Good job with the refurbish and post some more pics when you can.
bouncy.gif

Jim if you do actually stick with the pan, there are seat cushions available that slide right over, I have one on my 100. Not a nice comfy high backed seat, but feels better than plain hard metal. That other seat was original, I've had 3 and they all were broke and rusted out at bottom.

Latest posts

Back