• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CATS Stray, Feral, Housebound, Declawed, and Otherwise

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that, Dave.
sad.gif

That's terrible news about a very handsome feline.

I'm sorry for your loss...and so young.

I recently changed vets due to less than expected results.

sorry to hear about pumpkin, ill post a cool picture of Charlie in pumpkins honor

303503.jpg

Good morning, All. David S. wrote to us about Pumpkin and we as everyone else shared his family's sorrow and memories. Last night Fancy had a very bad experience and we're not sure if it was a mild stroke or seizure. Angel called our vet and this morning, he goes in for a complete checkup. It scared both of us immensely.

For all the New members, Fancy will be 14 years young next month. When Angel & I bought our home in 2006 in Colo, Iowa the following summer, I began giving Fancy rides on the Cub Cadets. He was hesitant at first however soon discovered that he could not only see more from up on the seat and on my lap but also when we'd go for rides around town, people would stop us and want to know all about Fancy the Cub Cadet Cat. He has his own fan club around town and at the local Caseys store and this clipart
303915.gif
is his trademark signature on The Forum.

He's resting right now and needs some prayersso any and all will sure be appreciated.

303916.jpg

Marlin-

I'm so sorry to hear Fancy is having a hard time. Hopefully it was something he ate or something simple and allow him to be with you both for a long time yet. He has given so much to you and the people that have been fortunate enough to meet him.

I've always been so jealous that you have been able to enjoy your cubs and cat at the same time. All of my cats run like hell when the engine noise begins.

Please keep us posted and good luck with the vet visit.

Marlin, sorry to hear about Fancy not doing well. I hope and pray that all goes well at the vet and he's OK.

Fancy had a seizure and will be taking shots for diabetes from now on. He also has some other complications that may or may not go away in time. The vet's assistant ran all the tests possible and Fancy was so polite and patient. He's coming back around to being more of his old self but will never be quite the same. By the time that I got home from work around 9:30 this morning, he was ready for a truck ride.

Angel & I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Wayne S. My profile picture actually shows Fancy's first ride. He was a little scared and soon jumped off. After a couple of more rides, he discovered that he could not only see more area from being on my lap but he could travel more ground with less leg work riding around with me. He never really minded the noise.

Marlin-

He's definitely a special guy!

I'm sorry to hear he has a few changes to get use to but it's obvious he's a tuff character. I'm sure he will adjust just fine. Did the vet give you special diet instructions? It sounds like he likes deserts more than main dishes.

Marlin, good to hear that he is doing better. I'm amazed the he likes to ride on a Cub Cadet. I've had cats that liked car rides but cars are relatively quiet. Give Fancy a scratch behind the ears for me.

Good morning, All. Fancy went to Caseys this morning as usual and was really perky. Right now he's resting from the ride. The vet's assistant gave really good instructions and in three weeks he goes back. We should have been more alert when he lost four pounds rather quickly and was drinking more water and peeing more often. I guess that I didn't think anything of his going to the bathroom more often because anymore... I am doing that more often and drink more water. Yet... I am far from being diabetic. Yes, I have two bad knees and osteo arthritis in my bones. So maybe I don't notice the kitties because like them, I'm just getting used to moving slower and take the aches for granted.

When I look at the pictures of Saleh and Pumpkin... it brings back memories.. good ones.

This is on Angel's Facebook page right after Fancy had a blood sample taken. Being very brave.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/13086789_10209141453441986_905538933095948365_o.jpg

happy.gif

Angel decided to create a FACEBOOK page for Fancy. However it just isn't about Fancy's stories it will be a site for everyone to share their stories about their kitties.

Kitties such as David Schwandt's, Princess and Pumpkin and Kraig's Kitties and Wayne's kitties and their adventures.

So here it is... feel free to share with the world the joys and happiness our felines bring us.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1869197546644428/permalink/1869212663309583/?comment_id=1869215359975980&notif_t=group_comment_follow&notif_id=1462053729545667

Scott T. Fancy says, "Good morning and Thank You!!!" He's more perkier the past few days and Angel is really good at giving him his twice daily shots. He just holds still and doesn't mind.

I just got into the forum after eons away.Marlin always updates me of things he knows I would want to know.

I want to thank Marlin and the guys here who responded to our health emergency with our bestest buddy. Fancy. It was terrifying to say the least and I have been pretty anxious with all I need to do and learn at this point. Diabetes is a tricky disease. I just want to do everything and anything I can for our guy, and also his sisters...kitties, they often dont show any distress or problems till it is catastrophic. And Fancy is a guy who worries about everyone else and I know, looking back on everything I see how he was doing just that with the diabetes and other health issues. Im thinking he probably had other seizures in the past,which we didnt witness. Thank goodness Marlin came downstairs when he did to take some medicine, but Fancy did let out WARNING MEOWS of distress which woke me up. at first the vet thought he might have had a stroke, but after reading on diabetes it was really obvious he had a low blood surgar seizure.! big sigh.. and that can lead to some weakness in the back legs, which he too had been showing signs of but I thought it was because he was so heavy and getting older. That is a sign of nerve damage, fleeting and permanet in kitties. also the drinking water and peeing on the time, but like Marlin said, we get old and what we drink seems to go out with far more volumne. LOL.

Its really difficult to understand how much insulin he needs since I dont have a blood glucose machine to monitor that. That frustrated me. When the tec Leanna said to bring him back in three weeks I was a little shocked. I would think his condition would be more closely monitored. but Im not the expert. In older cats I do know that becomes far more intense and more difficult to assess. He is on 2cc once every 12 hours. He is also restricted to only eating at those times. Kitties are hard to regulate, but we already had them on the time to eat is 2:30 am and 2:30 pm..which jives with when we eat.! so eveyone is on the same schedule. LOL. I have been putting just a little bit of dry food out during mid time, around 406 hours after a shot. he doesnt normally eat much, just nibbles but at least he has something to nibble on.

I was crushed when we learned of all his health issues. I felt like a bad mom that I wasn't realizing what all was wrong, but how can you when the only signs are drinking more water and peeing.? well that is the number one sign of diabetes. I've learned alot about the disease and how difficult it is in felines. All I can do is the best I can.

Fancy has greatly improved and bounced back far quicker then I had expected. Thats a huge relief.! another sign is not being active and sluggish. well, those are signs again in an aging kitty. of course as they age the diseases that come with aging become a threat.

has anyone here treated a kitty for diabetes? some years back our " baby girl" developed diabetes but it was extremely difficult to regulate her insulin because it was obvious she had a tumor of the pancreas. I learned then how to give shots and that was HUGE. I am someone who if I see anyone getting a needle stuck in them, I can faint. Well, I had to bury my fears and step up and do what I needed for BABY.! now, Fancy is in need of care. That is NO burden but very disheartening. Once the tests were complete the question was from the tech..what do you want to do? We knew that meant do we just let nature takes its course because his tests weren't positive or do we treat and what di we treat, We couldnt do nothing. So,yes the insulin was the choice.If he was suffering, we would not put him thru the perils of serious intervention. That would have been inhumane for Fancy. .. As long as hie quality of life is good, then we continue forward. when we took him in he had major breathing issues and was laboring for breathe. the lungs were working but over working. Since we began the insulin that has subsided.. of course i have to give him the insulin when he eats. he now knows the routine and will be very still and patient for me. The first couple of shots were terrifying, but we got thru it. I cooked up chicken breasts yesterday so the kids can ALL enjoy it and Fancy can't have people food now, other then chicken. Its been hard on him not getting treats at dinner time, but helps they eat when we do so he isnt' starving when we eat. Oh, another sigh of diabetes is constantly being hungry and unsatisfied no matter how much we eat. yep, fancy was that way too.

so, I hope some of you will join us on Facebook to share your fur kids and stories. It isn't a kitty exclusive group. Its for anyone who has a furkid..! or if you just love fur-kids.! Marlin has the link right below my post or you can search it at FB as Fancy the Cub Cadet Kitty.

thanks for reading.!!

EDITED: I did find out that it seems the 2cc's twice a day is the most common amount so they dont spike with to much or too little insulin. I can only go by how he has responded and it has all been good to this point. He is down to about 11# or so, I think. He had lost 4 pounds when we took him. I had him on a diet as I knew being obese isn't a good thing with aging kitties and due to physical issues with me, as it hurt my unstable back when I would pick him up..so all that weight loss wasn't due to the diabetes.I dont think. We cut out the table food. I also learned that ONIONS and GARLIC can bring about kidney disease, so just FYI.!!! Of course food with those ingredients were his FAVORITE.!! LOL.The ONE positive with his tests were that his kidneys were good.

oh it might have sounded like the vet tech and not the vet was making all the calls. actually our vet was out of town, so we had to rely on the vet tech, who has been with doc for all the years we have gone there. of course she was consulting with the doc and then giving us the infowe needed to treat Fancy.

Charlie, I'll say. You better get some mice for them to chase, looks like they're getting lazy.

Latest posts

Back