• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cat 0/ IH tiller adapter

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
I decided to start reverse-engineering the Cat-0 tiller adapter for the IH tillers. Here's what I've got so far...just need to finish weld and paint these. I'm running out of spring break, so I'll need to attach the tiller to the gearbox next time, and come up with a way to lift it with the Cat-0 lift. I really like how the gearbox goes on and off in 30 seconds with this.

186987.jpg

186988.jpg

186989.jpg

I sent Aaron a email a few months ago telling him, I thought this would be a great new item for him to make and sell. I am sure there are a number of users out there that would love to be able to use one of the older style tillers on their tractors that use a Cat-0 instead of the older style 3 point hitch. Just can't find those kits anymore to make the attachment work. Hopefully someone will start making them to sell.

I'm probably going to draw up plans for them, at least, so if someone wants to make the parts, they can.

Well, I finally finished this thing a year later...well, assuming it works when I put it in the ground
happy.gif

Since the long belt for this setup is NLA and a suitable substitute is likely expensive, I decided to add a jackshaft so I could use the deck belt from my 50C deck, as well as the mule drive from the 50" deck. I offset the jackshaft slightly to one side so I wouldn't have to have a separate mule drive with a different shaft. I used a belt tensioner from a parted 2000 series deck on the second belt. I've only got about $25 in the jackshaft assembly, as the only thing I had to buy was the belt and a couple of square keys for the shaft. I already had the bearings and pulleys, and I made the shaft out of part of an old CC driveshaft.

225719.jpg

225720.jpg

225721.jpg

225722.jpg

225723.jpg

Awesome Matt! Let us know how it works. Maybe even some pics of it in action.

Latest posts

Back