Birthday cub or IH

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
I was messing around and did some math and came up with a good idea of serial numbers of cubs made the day I was born. my numbers will be my example

By taking from the serial numbers made that month I came up with a total number built 3757 divided it by the days that would of been worked that month/year most likely 21.
That gave me an average of number built per day 179.
now i mutipleid that by the number of day of my bday 1611 then I added that to my serial start number for my month, and that gave me a likely serial number for the start of the day on my bday Cub Cadet #167392
then I added 179 to that for the start number of the next day #167571

so if you have a cub in that range it was made on my birthday

Yes its very slow at work right now

231386.jpg

Wont be long

Anouther thing to look at is the casting date. I helped a guy last year or the year before to build, I think, a 70 out of parts that all had a casting number within a month of his birthday. I know Dennis said the lead times were a lot tighter but it's what was there.
What would be interesting, for fun is to do the math on a known tractor and compare the casting dates to see if it works out anywhere near.

Latest posts

Back