Archive through September 26, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Troy,

1a_scratchhead.gif
Kraig must be busy...

look here, about 1/2 way down....
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/106/153641.html,

Wayne, your voltage regulator needs replaced. It is supposed to taper off the charge as soon as the battery is recharged from starting the engine. Excess charging current boils off the battery acid, resulting in corrosion, rust, and paint discoloration and removal.

Speaking of turfs & ag's, and I'm not very knowledgeable on this, but seems to me the all around setup to have is turfs & chains. I don't see any advantage to the lugs. I do like the looks of them, though.

Any comments?

Paul,
The one in Iowa, is that the same one that was on EPay roughly around six months ago? I remember the one on the auction site and it brought up some great discussion. It was located in Iowa on an O and was pretty rough looking. Just curious if that was the same one.

Norm, as far as all around traction is concerned, turf tires and two link chains seem to be the resident super traction setup, personally, I have turfs, wheel weights, and two links on our smaller off topic mower, and it never gets stuck, and theyre easier on the turf than the wide tri-ribs and Tru Power ag's on my 149. The AG's are harder on ones lawn, especially uphill or turning on wet ground, dry ground you cant tell I have em on the tractor. Depends on your likes, application etc. If youve got turfs now, I'd go out and get a set of chains for them and have at it unless you plan to run a loader or plow, then AG's may be a better bet simply because 1) you dont have to chain up and 2) thats their origin of design haha. Hope this helps
beerchug.gif

Shane S,
I don't know, I parted ways with that site a couple of years ago.

Has anyone used a 450 snow blower on a 82 series? If so how did it work compared to the QA snow blowers. Thanks. I am thinking about up grading.

on the front of the cc original it says WOODS mower on it and not sun master. it actually looks just like a huge mower deck in the front of the tractor

Francis-

Sorry to bug you where is the clutch safety switch at, i think thats if because it was working fine one day and later that day it wouldn't work, i thought it was the solonoid so i changed that and then i changed the key switch and no progress

Has anybody adapted or knows how to adapt a narrow frame link lift to a wide frame link lift?

Latest posts

Back