• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 24, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcook

displayname
Bill Cook
I have been making some good progress on the walkway and fire ring areas that I previously posted pics of. Today is nice and sunny here, so I will get some updated photos posted later. The 1712, 1450, and 1250 have all done their part to help....and have never missed a beat.

Long Live Cub Cadets
buttrock.gif

Charlie:

Huh, so I'm not the only one, odd...

Bryan:

It looks like solder, I'm going to heat it up and see if I'm right just to make sure though.

Thanks, guys.

Hi I'm at again, How large of a motor (Kohler & h.p) will a wide frame accomodate? This is from a 108.

do the dealers have the decals for the qa throwers or do you guys have a better place to get them?

A V6 with nitro...wow! The guy's got guts to ride that thing. What keeps the front tires from blowing out with all the weight?

I want to THANK EVERYONE for the help with my hood problem on my Cub Cadet 70. Checked measurements given, mine were ok. Loosen the grill bolts, slid back and placed washers under the back to give extra tilt. Flattened out hood and now it clears the steering wheel.
Thanks Again..Joe

My son and I got some more work completed today, and took some pics.

The sun kept ducking behind the clouds, and with the breeze added in, it was kinda chilly....winter is just around the bend....

Here are the pics of the walkway as of now.
41292.jpg

41293.jpg

We need to get foundation sealer on the concrete (it's waiting in the shed), and get some top soil hauled in for my wifes new flower bed, and then 'our' part of that project is done.

To show how much progress has been made, here is a pic of while we were digging out the walkway
41294.jpg

Here is Brandon hauling a load of stone to the fire ring area
41295.jpg

And here are a couple of pics of the fire ring area.
41296.jpg

41297.jpg

Once we were done hauling and spreading the stone, we started mortaring up our fire ring using rocks we had picked up while putting in our yard about 6 years ago.

I still need to complete the fire ring, and get more block for the 'bottom' of the ring, and finish the stone to the blocks....then that project is done too
thumbsup_old.gif

After reading FAQ's #26 several times I took a leap of faith and changed the fluid in my 1650 today. I am sure it was way over due. As I am mechanically challenged I was uncertain how it would go. I am at 90% completion. Oddly enough without any major setbacks/screw ups. Forgot to buy a new filter (duh) I did find some of the sludge as explained in the FAQ. Is there an amount of that sludge that is considered normal? What is the best way to get at the stuff in the hard to reach places? Is it ok to use a carb cleaner or similar product? I will try and get some pics posted.
Thanks

OK, I'm a engineer, and therefore, by definition, a gadget lover and a bit of a nerd.

So....when your wife buys you a hand held GPS for your birthday, you have to play with it some, right???

Hooked it on my belt and wore it while I mowed the yard today with the 782.

Some interesting results:

I drove 3.80 miles to mow my 1 acre yard with a 44" deck. 2.7 mph average moving speed. Most straight runs were mowed at 3.3-3.4 mph (I kept coming back to 3.4 mph as my "comfort zone").

Then I checked the 582 against the 100 to see if it had a 17 or 19 tooth second gear. 583 runs 3.5 mph in 2nd, 100 3.9 mph, so the 582 definately has the 17T second (wish it was a 19...oh well). The GPS MPH in all 4 gears were right on the money on the 582 and 100.

I'll have to take this toy out to Plow Day and see how much slippage the 582 is running and how fast I really do plow with my 782!!!!!

Eric P.
Depending on if your Cub is/was stored outside, there could be goobs of goo and very little if it was house kept.
The best thing to do is wipe it out really well with several rags. Carb cleaner works great, you'll prolly skin a knuckle or 3 getting things cleaned out though.
I used a hudson sprayer with kerosene one time on one that was really nasty.
There can be some really nasty stuff in there! BTDT,
41299.jpg

Steve B.
That's cool! You might have to do ride alongs with others at plowday to track everybodys movements, LOL

I can see it now, spreadsheets on Cubs being compared in the pits!
biggrin.gif

Bill, nice job on the landscaping!

Steve, cool!

Charlie, it looked to me like a small "weld" on the creeper that I used to have didn't look smooth enough to be solder. I figured someone tack welded a handle on to pull the plug out.

Maybe I missed the responses to my query but I'm still trying to figuire out why my K241 engine in a 108 overheats after running well for about 45 minutes.This is what I've done so far: new points,new plug,new coil,new air filter,new breather filter,new head gasket,new exhaust valve,new front pulley,new carburator gasket,cleaned the head and valve seats,cleaned the grass screen,cleaned all the fins,added marvel mystery oil, and tried a different mower deck to rule out a mower pulley problem.What am I missing???

1450 ignition coil question: Is the coil filled with some kind of fluid? I am trying to diagnose why my cub won't run at high speed, and when checking the coil, it was covered in oil where the engine on that side is relatively dry.

Also, I could not find any specs on the coil or condensor in the Kohler manual. I have several condensors laying around, and even a coil, and I wanted to do a sanity check by swapping in a different part, but can't find any specs on the Kohler parts.

I suppose I'll just buy the new parts, but I still wonder where that oil came from...

Latest posts

Back