• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 22, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Josh, you could probably make it work but they are not the same. If you were planning on using the 1x6/7 harness in a 1x2/3 I think you'd be OK and would just have some unused wires. However, using a 1x2/3 harness in a 1x6/7 you are going to be missing a few wires. I suppose you could just add in the missing wires...

213553.jpg

213554.jpg

...A few more wires...
blush.gif
Thanks kraig. ill keep looking for a 1x7 harness.Can you please post a wiring diagram for a 125? thanks again

Now I am out driving the 149 I just got. When going up the hill next to my house, it will bog way down to the point of stalling. Flat land it works fine on. It's like it is binding up and does not want to go forward. Looking at everything, nothing looks wrong. What could it be. I have no service history on the hydro unit. Figured I would change the fluid and filter soon. Could it be as simple as that?

Could it be that it has an oil filter on it rather than the trans filter? Just seems odd that it will run for about 15 minutes just fine and then it acts up. Pulled the rear and drained the fluid in it, which was red and felt like ATF. The new stuff is clear to slightly yellow in color. Am I on the right track?

The plastic fan is shot too, never noticed it before since there is nothing left other than the plastic around the shaft.

Todd Illenden
The problems your having could be a few other things also.Relief pressure set low, hydro valves, and not set up correctly on the trunion.Usually a dirty hydo fluid will cause problems going down hill as the fluid (hytran) gets blocked in front of the suction tube for the hydro pump.I would change the fluid and filter first and then look at check valve pressure. My .02
old.gif

Todd Illenden
ATF will not hurt your hydro ,in many ways its better for the heat that these pumps take.Hytran will encapsulate water and ATF won`t .
old.gif

Todd I,

If your engine is stalling when a load is applied such as going up a hill, it could be caused by the fuel mixture set too lean, your ignition timing is off or the governer needs adjustment rather than something wrong with the hydro. Also, if your 149 has set for awhile you might want to take off the engine cooling shroud and make sure you don't have a mouse nest in there blocking air flow for cooling. Another thing to check is around the head, look for signs of a head gasket leak by checking for sticky thick oil around the head periphery or hot exhaust gases escaping.

Also, HyTran is the recommended oil to use in your Hydro. It is reddish blue in color, not yellow. You will need 7 quarts and you can get it at your nearest Case IH/New Holland or Cub Cadet dealer. It will be cheaper at the Case IH dealer as you can buy what you need from a bulk supply. Just take along a clean container.

Okay, there is something coming out of the left side of the engine. There is a square plate and there is some kind of blow by or exhaust gas coming out of there. It gets bad when the tractor is under load. The tractor has to idle or sit for a few minutes and then it is okay for a few more minutes. The plate has a pressed cut out on it, so it looks like it serves a purpose.

I changed the hydro fluid and the filter, so that can not be the problem.

Not real happy right now as I noticed the engine plate says it is a K301, not a K321 that it should be. Obviously the motor has been changed at some point.

Todd I.-

That's the crankcase breather. Some vapor out of there is more or less normal, but can be an indication of a tired engine. Please clear something up for us though...you need to be more specific as to what 'bogs down'. Is the engine slowing down, or is the tractor slowing down with the engine speed remaining basically constant?

As I start to go up an incline with the mower running, it will start to slow and the motor will act like it is under heavy load. Once that happens, the tractor comes almost to a stop even with the hydro all the way forward. I have stopped the tractor and it will run rough with or without the PTO engaged. I have then throttled it down and it will smooth out. After a couple minutes, it will run like nothing happened again. Could it be overheating?

When it is running right, it is strong, like right after it has warmed up and for about 15 minutes after that.

Todd I. Fuel filter maybe? If you bring the motor to an idle and it smooths out I wonder if it may be starving for gas?

Just a thought.....

I think I found my problem but I would like to confirm. When I turn the key on my 102 I'm only getting 6 volts out of the solenoid (wire to starter). I have 12 volts in, but the 6 out to the starter has problems spinning the motor with the load of the engine.

My solenoid is bad, correct?

Robert, along with your thought...is the float set properly? Todd how steep is the incline you climb...have you ever been able to get up the slope?? Dont know how it would be related but is the gas cap venting properly?? Previously mentioned overheating...could that be hanging up the exhaust valve? <font size="-2">just a bunch of obscure and probabily useless</font><font size="-2"> thoughts...A.</font>

Bill R., If you have 12 in and 6 out right at the heavy posts of the selonoid you got my vote for bad solenoid. But r u sure the cable connections there are kinda clean and tight? (Remember these tractors are famous for bad grounds...a bad ground could give the same symptom! !)

This may be a simple question, but I'm new to these. In fact I don't have one yet. I'm considering a 102 with a Johnson loader for my new property. Is has a sleeve hitch, which I assume is like a box reciever on my truck? I want to find out if if there is a PTO or one can be added so that I can run a tiller or other behind. Thanks in advance, all help is greatly appreciated!

Latest posts

Back