• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 21, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 1282 i just a yellow and white 782 with a 12 horse motor. I cant really build a weight box on the front becuase it would be in the way of the plow. Since it is a plow tractor only ,i might just take the pto clutch off and see if i can find a big peice if steel to fit in the front under the muffler sheild. Thanks for the advise on the snow hogs , I think I'll give them a try.

joe

Another newbie question....
I'm getting ready to paint my K301 block. Do I mask off the bearing slots, gasket surfaces, etc. or clean them off after painting? (I know not to paint the fins.)

Dave S.

Mask all of that off. You might as well paint the fins, as the paint will eventually burn off anyway.

Joe B.-

You mean a red 682, right? 1282 is red with manual lift like a 682.

Paul-
Thanks for chiming in on the production figures for the 1X2/3 series. I didn't realize that info existed.

<font size="-2">..even though I own that book.</font>
whistling.gif

Kendell I, I assume you meant the pipe hitting a tree branch??? If yes, no we dont have very many trees in our yard. We have a short pine tree that wont bother it, but for the most part it wont be a problem. You just gotta take your time and be carefull
ihrotate.gif

Joe B I have used Carlisle Xtrac tires on the front of my 882 w/ snowthrower. They work great! They seem to have a softer compound, they wear noticeably on hard pavement.Must be my high speed turns! I see them on new walk behind snow blowers. They also have a mild directional tread.My buddy uses roller chain on the fronts of his 1811/451 thrower for steering traction. I have the chain purchased ,but not setup yet...
Shift.gif
Keep track of the chains, if U lose one it always will find the snowthrower intake !!

Well it sure is funny, I complain about not being able to find a 123 to buy and the very next day I find one about 15 min from my place on craigs list. Should be getting a pretty good deal on it too. If all pans out I'll have it tonight. I'll try and get a few pictures for you guys.

I wonder if I complain long enough about being jobless if that will work out too?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I also sold the 800 to a fellow in Ohio that will restore it so it will have a better home and better care than I can provide for it here.

MATT, DAVE - Granted normal paint will burn off the hotter parts of the engine fins but on a working tractor I would not paint the cooling fins. It's Amazing how a very thin layer of oil, paint, rust, etc. will slow heat transfer. I also wouldn't paint anything aluminum, head, bearing plate, or the oil pan whether alum. or cast iron. Carb's normally weep just enough gas that the paint peals quickly so I keep them bare also.
Best time to paint an engine is after assembly IMHO. I painted my K321 a couple years ago with thinned down satin black enamel with a brush about 1 inch wide. It looks great with the shiny gloss black powder-coated air cleaner cover, cooling shroud, head cover, governor hardware, etc.

JOSH O. - What Kendell is talking about is the stress & vibration from operating the engine on that LONG piece of tubing. You look closely at the block casting of a Kohler and there's not a whole lot of metal holding the exh. port to the rest of the block. The top deck of the block and a very small round section where the valve guide gets pressed in is about all that holds the port in place, they try to keep as much heat out of the engine as they can. Exhausts much more than 8-10 inches long should have another support on them.

Dennis F Are U getting any Rain ? We have at least Two inches so far today. I got 4 Cadet Cadet badged seat covers with back pouches delivered by UPS driver this P.M. Yippee!!

One of these days I need to get my plowin tractor done so I can get to a plow day to meet a few more members. Scott Stanton stopped over for a while today. Good to finally meet him although time and mileage cut it short.
Scott...hope ya made it home on time, didn't realize it was already 1:00.

Was hoping to get the rest of the cab primed today but once again it's raining. This keeps up and I won't get it done
angry.gif

Back