• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 21, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jott

Home of the Plow Special (Aaytay),That would be another good spreadsheet for Ryan W to come up with like the dual tube Kohler spreadsheet he made
whistling.gif

Kraig-
"Hmmm, I wonder what the steering wheel is for?..."

That's how you spin up the hard-drive. Duh...
roflol.gif

Josh-
I agree, that would be a good job for Ryan, but he'd need the data first.
wedgie.gif

Kraig:

It's a picture of a proposed navy sub control room, lifted from a US Navy website and photoshopped...

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/computer.asp

IH very well could have had items such as shipping manifests in databases by the early - mid 60's. The Insurance company I started in IT with in 1966 had already gone through two generations of computers (IBM 1401 and IBM 360) by the end of the 60's and they were a helluva lot smaller than IH ... As a matter of fact, IF the the records were kept in databases, rather than as paper records, it's much more probable that the information has been lost, as unnecessary data tends not to be converted to newer data storage formats (cards to tape to mag cartridges to removable HD cartridges to ..... it isn't gonna happen unless current information is still involved). In one of my former lives, an Attorney General's ruling on message retention set me up on disposing of a flat bed trailer load of 300/600/800/1600/3200 Bpi tapes that had collected for years. We took 'em to a salvage yard and had 'em degaussed with the big pick up magnet before pitching them (Bet the US gov standards for data erasure today would choke on that...). There were NO paper records kept of all those messages (it would have been Teletype paper......)

Home of the Plow Special (Aaytay), True,true. now where would he find the right info...hmm..
ihrotate.gif

Kendell, ah! That explains the steering wheels and why that "teletype" looked suspiciously like a late 70's/early 80's vintage, Digital Equipment Company DECwriter...
destroy.gif

Kraig, The big wheel controls the big slide rule.
Snowblower question, I thought they had a 1-1 gear set in them and the rototillers had 2-1. I just pulled the cover on my old blower and it's 2-1, wth. I used it for several years I know it's capable of blowing snow 30 ft or better with the 10 hp in my 72

Dave what blower are you using 36 or 42 i didn,t think 10hp would be strong enough for a blower I had heard it needed a 12hp or better

Jeff I don't know who told you that but my 10 turns it just fine. The 72 has a creeper but doesn't need it till you get over about 3-4" depending on the type of snow your in. If I get a wet snow I wish I had more but then I pull out the blade anyway. forgot to answer your question
QA42

Yikes!!!
Home computers would be easy to use with the cutting edge language FORTRAN? I barely made it through that class over 30 years ago
bash.gif

Regarding the snow blower, it depends on how aggressive you want to be and on conditions. The QA42A barely makes my 129 break a sweat in
6 inches of fresh powder, but push it through a foot of drifted or 8 or 10 inches of wet and heavy snow and she'll be barking up a storm and begging for mercy if you don't back off.

Having a Hydro helps, going too slow through the light stuff results in not enough flow to really push the snow any distance, too fast will stall the blower or the engine if you're not careful.

KENDELL - When I worked at FARMALL a lot of my suppliers sent Me shipping infor via TWX, but B.F. Goodrich put in the first Fax machine in the plant in '79. They even paid the phone bill. I hope they didn't mind paying it because I used the HECK out of it. In about '80, maybe early '81 they put in their own satelite phone system for long distance. I could call anywhere in the world as long as it was for business purposes. We also had the ability to instant message people even at other plants thru Our computer monitors as long as We knew their terminal number. We "Shared" monitors in scheduling so You had to watch what You said.

But even in '81 everything We did in the "System" had to go over to keypunch to get updated. I will say that IH had very advanced systems back then. There was another side to Our system where You could punch ANY IH part number in and it would say who the supplier was, what it cost, and where any inventory was located at plants, depots, warehouses, etc.

A friend told me blowers needed a 12 he also said a 10 would have trouble turning my 50" deck i just got a 129&108 both need TLC which the 129 will it will get this winter, i have a creeper in my 1200 that ill use this year last year i used my creeperless 128 as i didnt have the 1200 last year the 128 worked well but would have been better with a creeper. this is only my second summer and soon to be winter with cubs, before that it was mtd murray

Well I got my free Armrest seat on the 124 as well as my Modified exaust system. I couldnt get just a straight piece of 1 1/2 Inch pipe, this one <strike>is</strike> was
actually for a 1970's Honda civic. It has a few too many bends in it, but i will get them straightend out...
169696.jpg

169697.jpg

169698.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Dennis:
Any idea when IH <u>first</u> used keypunched (aka IBM) cards? Keep in mind that most of those cards were just input into data bases (actually a lot were sequential files - so called because they were read and updated from first record to last sequentially and reports actually were created the same way..). A lot of those cards were used for data input and then tossed immediately (the plain ivory colored cards were worth a bunch in salvage - paid for quite a bit of beer and pizza before the accountant types caught on...). Interesting thing here is how/what MTD got from IHC during the sale - they must have gotten inventory, parts book and other information in data form (it WAS the 80's, you know..). I wonder, I wonder....
confused.gif

Josh:
I give that exhaust about an hour of operation before it breaks off at the block. You must not have any trees around where you work it.....

hello ,i have been a looker on this site for a while. I have a couple questions . first ,what is the best front tire to use while plowing snow . I have the regular turf tires ,but they just dont steer good they mostly just slide. second what ever tires you suggest , is it worth filling them with liqiud ,ex washer fluid,antifreeze.

this would be on a 1282 with 16x6.5-8 front tires.

thanks joe

More information about the 2 dipstick K321A:

I decided to remove the oil pan from my K321A to find out if there were balance gears in there.

And the answer is.... Yes
censored.gif

Next step is to remove the head and take a look at the cylinder wall.

169702.jpg

I should add that there really wasn't anything wrong with this engine BEFORE taking it apart. There was a little smoke on startup and some electrical issues. There never has been any engine overhaul on this engine so I figured that I should look into it. What could go wrong?
whistling.gif
}}

Latest posts

Back