• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 14, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 63 original Cub Cadet and the clutch was not working properly. I took the clutch assembly out and was wondering how to get the shaft separated from the end piece that was attached to the rear end. I took everything apart and will replace the rubber grommet, but it looks like the two metal pieces are attached by a rivet of some sort.

Hey Guys...I was wondering if all push blade set-ups intended for the narrow frame Cubs will fit my 126 which has the Quick Attach/Release on the front of the frame?..Or, do the Quick Hitch model narrow frame Cubs require a specific undercarriage only intended for the Quick Hitch equipped Cubs?

A little confusion goes a long way with me...LOL..

What type of front tires do you guys who plow snow prefer? I would "assume" that when the blade is set at an angle, that the force of the snow being pushed to the side, put lateral pressure against the front of the Cub and perhaps cause the front wheels to slip sideways a bit? Am I over thinking this?

Thank y'all
John

John,
The narrow frame subframes are different. All narrow frame quickattached are like the one Kraig shows below.

I use tri-rib tires in the front for plowing snow. I think they grip a little better.

Shultzie

Will the non Quick attache narrow frame subframe still bolt up to the side of the frame of the 126 and just be a bit more of a hassle to remove and reinstall because of the bolts that would be used to fasten it to the tractor frame? Thanks!

John M., the older bolt on narrow frame blades will bolt onto the QA (Quick Attach) narrow frame tractors.

Rickey, the cross piece on the end of the drive shaft is welded to the driveshift, the mating cross piece is attached to the gear reduction input shaft with a Spiroll pin (aka coiled roll pin). The two cross pieces are bolted together via the rubber disc. Note that the two cross pieces are not to be bolted directly together but should be positioned 90* apart. Hope that makes sense.

299095.jpg

299096.jpg

Attachments

• 299095.jpg
    299095.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 299096.jpg
    299096.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 124
I have all the bolts out and the roll pin, but it is still being held together by something inside the two pieces of metal that will not allow me to remove the rubber piece. I just wanted to check with someone first before I stick a grinding tool inside the hole to separate these two pieces.

Kmcconaughey....Whew...Thanks for clearing that up for me...I so appreciate yours and everyone else who has responded to my questions the last few days..

I appreciate the collective wisdom and easy going nature of this group of IH Cub lovers!
Best
John

Rickey, I forgot, there is a stub on the end of the driveshaft that indexes into the hole on the crosspiece that is on the input shaft of the gear reduction. I suppose it's possible that they have rusted or seized together. You can see the stub on the end of the driveshaft, on the right hand side on this photo.

299098.jpg

<font size="+1">EDIT: Do not grind them apart! Rather, use some PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench or some other good quality penetrating oil, note WD40 is NOT a penetrating oil. Also, a little heat might help loosen them up, or a little persuasion with a hammer, aka "multi-angle swing press" just don't get carried away beating on the cast piece.</font>
icon_eek.gif

Attachments

• 299098.jpg
    299098.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 133
  • icon_eek.gif
    icon_eek.gif
    170 bytes · Views: 126
Hey another question about the narrow frame push plows..Are all the lift rods the same length?

I promise the ignorant questions will stop soon!

John

Back