• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 06, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin: A diesel would have an exposed muffler coming out of the right side. It was a good question to ask, though.
happy.gif

Hmmm. Did I forget, or did I didn't know to start out with? I'm just up to the 82's, now. The Cyclops are newer. I don't even like their nickname. Of course, I don't like the sound of yogurt, either.
happy.gif

BTW - what's the hole in the grille for?
happy.gif

. . . and Dave, while I can still edit, that exposed gas cap is an aggravation to me. If the tractor stays outside I believe that water can enter the gas tank through the vent hole.

Yes, it is an 1872. Would have been nice for it to be a diesel, but...oh well. Tore into it a little bit today. The good news is the sheetmetal is pretty nice, but the bad news is that mechanically, everything is about shot, including the hydro unit. The input shaft has significant radial play, so the bearings are destroyed. Hopefully all that shrapnel did not wreck the steering column. I think the first thing I will do is wash it on the next warm day, then pull the steering column and see how that looks inside.

Is the super hydro any different than a hydro out of say a 782?

Matt,
Thanks for the update. I also visited your website, very cool stuff you have and have done! You are talented!!!

Back